MyCokeRewards added a new Royal Caribbean reward offering

bruce-r

I ordered mine Monday and got an email saying it was shipped via USPS. Anyone know why some are getting DHL and some USPS and how much longer it'll take to receive them using USPS

My guess is that there might be some areas of the country where DHL doesn't deliver.

I previously reported that I ordered 2 cards on Saturday and received them the following Tues. by DHL. I ordered 2 more because I thought if the service was that fast, I might as well get more for my upcoming cruise. This time I got the email from UPS that it will take 15-20 business days as others have reported. So I'm not sure of the change. But I will just have to use the others on my cruise in June. Too bad! So getting UPS vs DHL has nothing to do with your address.

We were on the Freedom of the Seas in July and bought drink cups... we are going on the Liberty in November... do you think the cups will work agian? Are they the same from ship to ship?

No, they will not work again. Aside from the questionable morals of trying to cheat to get free sodas, they do change the cups on a regular basis just to prevent what you are suggesting.

My Unlimited soda package card should be here tomorrow according to the DHL site tracking.

I previously reported that I ordered 2 cards on Saturday and received them the following Tues. by DHL. I ordered 2 more because I thought if the service was that fast, I might as well get more for my upcoming cruise. This time I got the email from UPS that it will take 15-20 business days as others have reported. So I'm not sure of the change. But I will just have to use the others on my cruise in June. Too bad! So getting UPS vs DHL has nothing to do with your address.

Well, I did say it was only a guess. :rolleyes:

It's nice that you'll be able to use all that you ordered. :cool:

We were on the Freedom of the Seas in July and bought drink cups... we are going on the Liberty in November... do you think the cups will work agian? Are they the same from ship to ship?

and not only are they changing cups every month,you have to show the card with the sticker too..............not like before,when only the cup would do.................

Got our card yesterday - just in time for next week!!! Yahooie!!!

Now, the question remains, will they charge you for the gratuity, or is it really 'free'??? I know typically when you get something for 'free', you still pay tax. gratuity, etc. But, I didn't notice it anywhere on there, so I guess we'll see what happens.

- Jill

Got our card yesterday - just in time for next week!!! Yahooie!!!

Now, the question remains, will they charge you for the gratuity, or is it really 'free'??? I know typically when you get something for 'free', you still pay tax. gratuity, etc. But, I didn't notice it anywhere on there, so I guess we'll see what happens.

- Jill

If you would be so kind, please report back if they try to charge you anything to use the card. I'm expecting to not have to pay anything.

I ordered cards last Thursday and got the mail confirmation the next day, saying that the cards were shipping via USPS. I leave for AOS out of San Juan just 1 week from today, so I've got my fingers crossed !

My question is this: are the cards in any way personalized ? In other words, if they arrive to late for my cruise could I sell them on eBay ?

I asked a question earlier concerning using this Coke Reward on Celebrity, which is owned by RCL, Inc., but got no response from anyone, so I wrote to RCL to inquire. The answer was NO, that this reward is only for RCL, which I really question. INC. to me includes ALL of the ships included in the RCL line. If I can use stockholder credits for RCL on Celebrity, why can't I use Coke Reward points? Doesn't sound fair to me.

Greetings! This is Jessica on the 9/20 Jewel NE/Canada cruise, posting via BlackBerry from Longfellow Square in beautiful Portland, ME!

We redeemed the MCR soda package card yesterday for DH's soda package. We were given a receipt (for accounting purposes) with a 0 balance. No gratuity was charged.

They took the card and put a regular sticker on DH's seapass card.

Don,t feel too bad about the Soda Card perple losing out on their gratuity, as I bought myself a soda package.

They told me that was the first MCR soda card redeemed! I asked if I won a prize (like a a second free soda package ;) ) and they laughed. Oh well, it was worth a try :)

I asked a question earlier concerning using this Coke Reward on Celebrity, which is owned by RCL, Inc., but got no response from anyone, so I wrote to RCL to inquire. The answer was NO, that this reward is only for RCL, which I really question. INC. to me includes ALL of the ships included in the RCL line. If I can use stockholder credits for RCL on Celebrity, why can't I use Coke Reward points? Doesn't sound fair to me.

While I appreciate your point of view, I disagree with the reasoning. Royal Caribbean INC. is the parent company. Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Celebrity, and Azamara are all wholly owned subsidiaries of the parent company and as such operate as individual companies. That means to me that just because one line has a program/promotion it doesn't mean that they all share the same promo. For example, on X you are allowed to bring wine on board while on RC no alcohol is allowed.

If you don't know about Coke's MyCokeRewards program, it is an award promo where you enter codes found on Coke products online for points. You save up the points to redeem for awards or use as sweepstakes entries.

www.mycokerewards.com is the website.

They have lots of rewards at many different price points, but the new one that might interest CC members is the 400 point Unlimited Soda Fountain package good for cruises of 7 days or less. If you are familiar with the soda sticker, you know how this will work on the ship.

Details

Other Royal Caribbean specific rewards available are the Diamond level Wine and Dine package for 1580 points and the Ultimate Romance Package for 6000 points.

Woo Hoo FREE sodas for me

Any new if they are going to keep this going promo going?

Archived