MyCokeRewards added a new Royal Caribbean reward offering

bruce-r

Greetings! This is Jessica on the 9/20 Jewel NE/Canada cruise, posting via BlackBerry from Longfellow Square in beautiful Portland, ME!

We redeemed the MCR soda package card yesterday for DH's soda package. We were given a receipt (for accounting purposes) with a 0 balance. No gratuity was charged.

They took the card and put a regular sticker on DH's seapass card.

Don,t feel too bad about the Soda Card perple losing out on their gratuity, as I bought myself a soda package.

They told me that was the first MCR soda card redeemed! I asked if I won a prize (like a a second free soda package ;) ) and they laughed. Oh well, it was worth a try :)

Thanks for reporting back to us regarding the gratuities. I am glad too that, since you were the first person to redeem a coke card, they knew what it was and didn't need to call someone else to help.

Chris

I previously reported that I ordered 2 cards on Saturday and received them the following Tues. by DHL. I ordered 2 more because I thought if the service was that fast, I might as well get more for my upcoming cruise. This time I got the email from UPS that it will take 15-20 business days as others have reported. So I'm not sure of the change. But I will just have to use the others on my cruise in June. Too bad! So getting UPS vs DHL has nothing to do with your address.

I wanted to follow up on this previous post above. I actually received my second group of coke reward cards today. I ordered them on the 18th and got the email that it would take 15-20 days by UPS. I actually received them today 9-23 in the mail. So it was almost as quick as DHL. Now I can use all 4 on my upcoming cruise! I just wanted to let people know this in case they were anxiously awaiting them before an upcoming cruise.

Unless it specifically says there is a limit on how many times you can redeem the same reward you can get another one, assuming it is still there. MaKe sure you also read any tems from RCCL in the fine print. For example Coke rewards has a $25 ebags.com gift card. You can get more than one on the Coke website, but the fine print says you can't combine them on ebags website. Coke Rewards used to do a $25 Virtual Simon Visa Card, basically they e-mail you a visa card you can use for on-line purchases. When I would redeem it, the website specifically said you could only redeem 4 of this reward per account. I was just going to open a new account for DH but they got rid of this reward.

Rewards do come and go. Some rewards never come back, so as soon as you get the points jump on it! Also, just start asking around if you are close. I am SO, SO close to the wine package and my Mom found 6 codes @ 25 points each at work this week from 32 packs. I was babysitting at my SIL's and got 2 more 12-pack codes. Not bad for one day of looking!

Ordered mine Tuesday and I just got an email saying it was coming via USPS and could take 15-20 business days!:eek: :eek:

Got mine today..............only 8 days!!

On the 12 packs,the code is on the end tab you rip off to open the case...

Where exactly on the 12, 24 and 36 packs do you find these codes? I was also wondering i am going on a 9 day cruise in January, can i use these codes at all since it is a 9 day sailing and they are only usable on 7 day sailings or would i have to get 2 different cards for the sailing?
They are located under the perforated cardboard tab to open the box.

Where exactly on the 12, 24 and 36 packs do you find these codes? I was also wondering i am going on a 9 day cruise in January, can i use these codes at all since it is a 9 day sailing and they are only usable on 7 day sailings or would i have to get 2 different cards for the sailing?

The codes are located on the 12 pack boxes at the perforated end. On the 24 and 32 packs they are located on the bottom inside of the plastic wrap. Sorry the soda card is only good on 7 day or shorter sailings. I hope they offer one for longer cruises.

Is the 32 pack the Sam's type?
That or Costco. You have to check the package labeling to be sure it has the MyCokeRewards branding on it.

Where exactly on the 12, 24 and 36 packs do you find these codes?
12 packs are on the end. 24 packs have the code on the flap you tear off the middle of the large side of the case. 32 packs have the code on the bottle under a black rectangle of plastic.

I was also wondering i am going on a 9 day cruise in January, can i use these codes at all since it is a 9 day sailing and they are only usable on 7 day sailings or would i have to get 2 different cards for the sailing?
You can't use this reward on a 9 day cruise and you can't combine them to make them work.

Are you talking about the cans in a pack or is it only bottles? i'm getting compulsive with coke bottles lately!! :)
MCR codes are found under the caps of most Coke products as well as the packaging for cans, but not the cans themselves.

also anytime I buy a dasani there's no codes in them and i've purchased different sized bottles :(
No, the Dasani bottle caps do not have MCR codes, only the 12 pack or 24 pack of bottles have the codes.

Howdo people accumulate so many points so fast? I can't read the whole offer on my screen, but at 3 pts. at a time, it will take months to get 400 pts for the coke card. Even 20 pts for a 24 pack. Am I missing something?

I've been collecting points for about a year or so. I had a little over 1600 points accumulated in that time frame. This is the first reward offer that I thought I could use. Good luck. You can only enter 10 codes per day.

Chris

Before purchasing the 36 pack from Sam's/Costco, make sure the packaging has the MCR somewhere. We purchased two 36 packs that did not have the codes anywhere on them. After inspecting the packs a little more, they were missing the MCR on the packaging. After looking at another 36 pack, the my coke rewards was on the packaging and so was the code. FYI.

Chris

also anytime I buy a dasani there's no codes in them and i've purchased different sized bottles :(

No, the Dasani bottle caps do not have MCR codes, only the 12 pack or 24 pack of bottles have the codes.

I've found 3 point codes on caps of flavoured Dasani waters but they're not common.

Howdo people accumulate so many points so fast? I can't read the whole offer on my screen, but at 3 pts. at a time, it will take months to get 400 pts for the coke card. Even 20 pts for a 24 pack. Am I missing something?

10 3 point codes a day = 30 points a day, would take 14 days to get enough points for the coke card.

One small windfall (no pun intended) of the hurricane was people stocked up on sodas beforehand. My bf picked up over 300 points a few days ago (that's how we get points - dumpster diving). Unfortunately, our favourite place to dive - Galveston - will be out of commision for a couple months. :(

I started collecting over a year ago when they offered the RCI $500 gift certif. Didn't get that but I bravely kept collecting in hopes something else good got offered and it paid off. I've redeemed for the Ultimate Romance Package, 2 Wine and Dine packages and 2 coke cards. Nice little gift to me for my next cruise.

Boy is this going to sound silly...BUT, I'm going to ask. As I've been collecting for the Wine & Dine package, I decided to look at the restrictions on the card. Turns out that the card is good only for cruises that are 7 or more days. My Christmas Cruise on Independence is only 6 days. Boo!

Question is - do you think it's worth a call to Tim Mohler (apparently the guy in charge of MCR with RCCL), who's name and number I saw listed on CC to ask if there's a way to work around this (like giving up one of the bottles of wine since the cruise is shorter)? Seems unlikely they'd bother making an exception, but thought I'd ask all you MCR fans tell me your 2 cents.

Thanks.

I am really trying hard to get enough points for the wine package for our upcoming 12 night Dec cruise! (boy do I still need some points though!)That would be nice for our anniversary! :D Seems like those of us on longer cruises get jipped out of not being able to get a soda card, and those on shorter cruises can't get the wine one.....:rolleyes:

Has any one used any of their point to enter for any of the sweepstakes??? At 3 point for a chance to win a trip back to Hawaii at the same Hotel we stayed at would be nice and I can always recover those 3 points or so by running to the store later :D:p

zantedeschia

I have people collecting the caps for me. We don't drink much Coke products (like Pepsi better) and never noticed an offer. We do drink Dasani water and have probably thrown away at least as many caps as it would take to get the Coke card. Oh well, we have some time to get the amount needed for our cruise.

Boy is this going to sound silly...BUT, I'm going to ask. As I've been collecting for the Wine & Dine package, I decided to look at the restrictions on the card. Turns out that the card is good only for cruises that are 7 or more days. My Christmas Cruise on Independence is only 6 days. Boo!

Question is - do you think it's worth a call to Tim Mohler (apparently the guy in charge of MCR with RCCL), who's name and number I saw listed on CC to ask if there's a way to work around this (like giving up one of the bottles of wine since the cruise is shorter)? Seems unlikely they'd bother making an exception, but thought I'd ask all you MCR fans tell me your 2 cents.

Thanks.

If you do decide to call, please make the suggestion that they also offer one that takes more points but allows you to get a beverage card on longer cruises.

It is really interesting one the wine package that you can't use it on a shorter cruise since you are actually getting less rather than more. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised no one's done the math yet -- it was the first thing that occured to me:

You need 400 points to get the "free" Coke package.

You'll need to buy 40 twelve-packs (they have 10 points each and are the most "bang for the buck" points-wise).

It's pretty easy to get twelve-packs for $2.50-3.00, so you'll spend $100-120 to get those 400 points.

And you have 480 canned drinks.

If you buy 20-oz screw-tops or bottled water, the math becomes a little cloudy.

Like many "deals", this is a good value IF you'd drink the canned Cokes anyway and IF you'd buy them on sale. If you rarely drink sodas, or if you're a Mountain Dew addict, or if you'd forget to enter the points, it's not such a good deal.

We are a family of Coke drinkers, so we've been doing the MyCokeRewards thing for a while, and what other people say about the "good prizes" disappearing is absolutely true -- at this point, I"m using my points for coupons towards free Coke (which is kind of what we're talking about here, but I mean I'm mostly using my points for grocery-store Coke). If this is a good deal for you (and you fit within the time frame), you should consider stocking up on the sodas when you see them on sale and buying the voucher NOW. It might be gone tomorrow.

Every so often they have "double points days", and all the points you enter on that day are DOUBLED (up to something like ten codes). You learn about "double points days" through email, and they usually don't give you much notice -- you probably couldn't go out and buy sodas just so you could enter those points. Sometimes I "hold" codes in hopes of getting a double-points day, but usually I just end up waiting 'til I have a bunch, then I have my teen type them in.

I received an email today from My Coke Rewards that says "You just earned 20 points for entering 3 codes at My Coke Rewards". I checked my account and it still said 15 points (don't laugh, I just opened the account!). Anyway, I thought maybe if I enter in some more codes it might add the 20 extra points, but no. :confused: Does it take a day for the extra points to post to my account??

Archived