Question?

I love RCCL.... and so do most of you my question is....

When you look a thread started by individuals compaining they only have one thread. Their first and only thread is a problem and you never hear from them again. Theft, CC, bed bugs, too much help, not enough help, missing cabin steward, wants to talk to captain, didn't like this. didn't like that.....on and on and on and on.................................

One time posters .... post one time only on CC with their unbelieveable outrageous problem and never hear from them again

When I first joined cruise critic about a year ago, and I read the boards for a couple weeks before posting, I Quickly became familiar with "trolls", and people who seemed to make up stories or exagerate. Usually a well traveled cruiser with vast knowledge would "bust" them for their lies, and make the truth come out.

Most of my initial posts were questions on existing threads, that were quickly answered.

I have only sailed two cruises recently, and if I have information that I can share I will. There is so much to learn.

I will become very inquisitive next year when we plan our 2010 cruise, but for now, I love cruise critic too much to just sit idle, and will probably keep posting as I can.

Have fun

Later

I personally think that many people who cruise don't give any thought to message boards about cruising....until they have a problem. Since this board is named Cruise Critic, they feel justified in coming here to vent.

They more than likely think they will do damage to that particular line and ruin a reputation, but I've seen too many of those threads over the years and it all dies out within a short time.

I also think they have no idea that many of the people who post here are cruise addicts, love cruising and many love a line of choice. Another problem lies in that many people here automatically defend their line to the death and there are some people that enjoy, by their own admission, provoking arguments. That practise will forever remain a mystery to me.

My own feelings are that CC is here to be informative and helpful. Although I've been sucked into a few arguments here and there I do try to avoid them, it's just not worth the time and effort. That there are people who come here to vent is just part of the forum and you will see it all across the WWW. I think the moderators here do a good job monitoring threads and do pull the nasty ones quickly.

What happened to the stolen jewelry Thread? What makes a thread get yanked?

I was thinking the same thing, I was reading that thread last night and when I clicked to go to the next page, and poof it was gone. I guess it got axed by the mods:)

Archived