Need help on good meeting spot in PV

IA2AZ

We just found out some friends of ours are going to be in PV on the same day as us, only on a different cruise ship! We each have different shore excursions planned during the day until about 4:00. We would love to meet up later in the day but since none of us have been there before, we don't really have any idea as to where anything is. What we'd like to do is find a bar/restaurant for margaritas!:D Does anyone know if there are any places like this near the terminal? We thought if our excursions brought us back to the terminal when done, that this might be a good starting point. However, our excursions end at different times so we didn't want to have to wait around the terminal for the other couple to get done. That's why we thought if there were any good places close by then we could suggest that.

So any ideas/suggestions anyone has would be much appreciated! We sail in a little over a week so need info ASAP!:)

Easiest way is to select a restaurant and have a cab bring you there. I have a couple suggestions if it is allowed to mention them on these forums. Two in mind, one downtown and one in the marina. One is a nice atmosphere but still fun... another is a blast and decently priced... Also, Free tequila with every drink purchase and order of food.

If somebody else is able to inform me if I can list a restaurant without breaking CC rules, then I will gladly give you suggestions, both of which are great meeting places.

Haven't been to Victors BUT it is on my MUST TRY NEXT VIST!!!! Friends rave about it, good food and a free tequila shot with every drink order :)

Victors

Paseo de la Marina, Condomino Las Palmas local 9

Marina Vallarta

Personally I would head to the Southside and have a meal/drinks there and then cab it back to the ship. What time do the ships leave at??

Well since Qincytoo already mentioned it... Yes, Victors is a great place to go. Victor himself is there almost every day and will take shots with you. It is a very relaxed atmosphere on the marina. You can look at the big personal ships while people watching.

My other choice which is a fairly common "meeting" spot is La dolce Vita. That is right downtown. It is an italian restaurant with a great view of the ocean which has a prime spot for watching the sunset. This place gets VERY busy as it is a very popular joint. Great food, Great drinks, Great location. After dinner you can walk around the malecon briefly before returning to your ship. I have another favorite restaurant in the romantic zone of PV which is a quieter restaurant but still a very great choice for food!! Keep me updated on what kind of things you're looking for

If I remember correctly, there is a small shopping area just outside the gates of the port area. I'm pretty sure there was an open air bar/restaurant there. That might work for you.

Yes your correct! just outside the port gates is a market area with vendors and there is a bar restauarant right on the front of it, cant remember the name but you cant miss it.

Since they put in the new cruise ship pier I don't know where you will be docking and I don't know if the new area is segregated from the other ships.

But you can tell your friends that the market area is between the cruise ships and Play De Oro hotel/timeshare.

I would suggest the 10 minute walk south from the pier to the Krystal--grab a palapa on the beach, sit at the swim up bar, use the pool, grab a chair, enjoy happy hour and the sunset.

love the picture... Can we go there and get a table and chairs and eat and play for the day? do they charge for chairs? how is it for kids?

any info would be helpful>>> thanks

love the picture... Can we go there and get a table and chairs and eat and play for the day? do they charge for chairs? how is it for kids?

any info would be helpful>>> thanks

Usually, as long as you are buying food/drinks, there is no charge (when they charge, the entire charge is a food/drink credit). Sometimes there's no charge even if you aren't buying. If you get a palapa on the beach, the guy who cleans off your chairs and table expects a tip. The Krystal is VERY child friendly (as are most Mexican places). There are wading pools just for children, and if the new construction hasn't gotten in the way, even a playground. Usually the beach is steep right in front, and the waves can be large, so it is not for children to sit and play in the sand near the water (but that will be obvious to you, anyway). The beach is plenty wide for play in the sand, though. Last year our grandchildren were 3, 4, almost 1, and 4 months when we went. They all had a blast. Of course the older 2 are clamoring to return.

Also, when the hotel and timeshares are full and lounge chairs and palapas are in short supply, it's appreciated when cruise passengers limit their use of those so that paying guests and members can enjoy their stay. Oh, and you have to bring your own towels from the ship.

We were at the Krystal almost two year ago, the pool(s) were nice, the beach lacking as was the food and drink.

Personally I would try the Westin, Marival or Dreams before spending the whole day here.

Can you spend the day at westin on chairs with shade? do they charge? is it good for kids?

thanks

Archived