Booking a hotel in Fort Lauderdale...Need help!!!

dools44

I'm going on a cruise in January with 3 other people and we are looking to book a hotel for before the cruise. I have been to Fort Lauderdale before and we stayed at the Hyatt which was close to the Sun Trolley route. I was wondering if anyone could help me find CHEAP hotels on the Sun Trolley route in Fort Lauderdale. Please help I've been looking forever and can't exactly find one.

I'm going on a cruise in January with 3 other people and we are looking to book a hotel for before the cruise. I have been to Fort Lauderdale before and we stayed at the Hyatt which was close to the Sun Trolley route. I was wondering if anyone could help me find CHEAP hotels on the Sun Trolley route in Fort Lauderdale. Please help I've been looking forever and can't exactly find one.
Look at the North American Ports Board under east coast departure. Your question will be answered there.

Solara's advice is good. However, what do you consider CHEAP? Under $200, downtown, in season is considered "cheap".

If you want something cheaper than that, you should look for something further away - perhaps Plantation or Dania.

Solara's advice is good. However, what do you consider CHEAP? Under $200, downtown, in season is considered "cheap".

If you want something cheaper than that, you should look for something further away - perhaps Plantation or Dania.

How far is Dania from the port? For our January cruise we are staying at the Sleep Inn in Dania. We are paying about $200.00/night ($197.99+tax). Decent hotel?

I also booked sleep inn 01/11/09 . I looked lots of places and finally started calling hotels for their best price . I got sleep inn $143 2 double beds non smoking suite. They pick up at airport and dropoff at cruise port nocharge. Large expanded breakfest. The manager Vick sounded very pleasent on phone. I stayed Days inn last year and they have free pick up but charged $10 ea to take to cruise port. I know its a little thing but for 4 of us last year it adds up . CARL

The Super 8 Dania is where we stayed. Free shuttle but I would not exactly recommend it. Not the best of Super 8 and the only close restaurants are an IHOP and an ice cream/sandwhich place that had a very overpriced menu.

Archived