Staying in Miami

aelittleb

We are sailing on Mar 7 on the Dawn to the Eastern Caribbean out of Miami and flying down the day before. Im trying to decide if I should book a hotel near the airport or the pier. Any suggestions? Where do you like to stay?

Also, my father mentioned there was store right across the street from the pier. Has anyone used this store to buy soda and such? Is it easy to get to?

We are sailing on Mar 7 on the Dawn to the Eastern Caribbean out of Miami and flying down the day before. Im trying to decide if I should book a hotel near the airport or the pier. Any suggestions? Where do you like to stay?

Also, my father mentioned there was store right across the street from the pier. Has anyone used this store to buy soda and such? Is it easy to get to?

I wouldnt stay by the airport it is pretty far inland and there isnt much to do around there.. get a room by the port.. The Mandarin Oriental is a beautiful hotel.

I booked the La Quinta Miami Airport East. It has a free shuttle to and from the airport, and a free shuttle from the hotel to the port the next morning.

We are arriving late afternoon and don't care much about seeing anything in Miami. Just looking for a convenient place to stay that is clean! There isn't much around this hotel, but I heard there is a gas station about 10 minutes away(walking). You can order pizza, or take a taxi. We're fine with ordering pizza and hanging out by the pool.

For Miami, and including all the transportation you need, it is a decent price as well.

Hi

We are booked in November. I did not check prices for March.

Best Western On the Bay Inn & Marina- North Bay Village FL

Rate includes transportation from MIA to hotel and free continental breakfast.

They also have a Cruise package that also includes transfer from hotel to port.

Good luck.

Miami is such a great town, there is no reason to book near the pier and definitely not by the airport. I like to stay in South Beach, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne, Fisher Island, or Bal Harbor. None are far from the port.

For the begining of March, I'd check hotwire for good rates.

I booked the La Quinta Miami Airport East. It has a free shuttle to and from the airport, and a free shuttle from the hotel to the port the next morning.

We are arriving late afternoon and don't care much about seeing anything in Miami. Just looking for a convenient place to stay that is clean! There isn't much around this hotel, but I heard there is a gas station about 10 minutes away(walking). You can order pizza, or take a taxi. We're fine with ordering pizza and hanging out by the pool.

For Miami, and including all the transportation you need, it is a decent price as well.

Miami is a beautiful place Im not sure I would write off seeing what it has to offer

I recently stayed for 2 pre cruise nights at the Sagamore in South Beach. It is right on the beach and only a short walk to Linclon Road Mall where there are lots of restaurants and shops. Right at the corner is Walgreens and CVS. It was about a 10-15 minute drive to the port of Miami. I thought it was a great place, and got it for $169/night. That wasn't bad with 3 of us sharing the cost. I would definitely stay there again.

Miami is a beautiful place Im not sure I would write off seeing what it has to offer

Ok, Maybe I phrased that wrong. I'm sure Miami is a beautiful (and expensive might I add!) place, but I'm not one that wants to strut around town at 7pm when I finally arrive after traveling all day. Now if I flew in at least 2 days before, then yes, I would book a hotel in a more prevalent area to see what Miami has to offer. I'm sure I'd be bored if I stayed by the airport more than one night! haha A few hours isn't worth it to me. And believe me, If I could get more days off work, I'd leave earlier and do that.;)

Can't think of any store "right across the street from the pier". There is a Walgreens and a liquor store on 2nd and Flagler which is downtown. The pier is hard to walk to because of the road and traffic.

If you are arriving in the afternoon, I'd definitely stay somewhere other than the airport. Altho if you are on a budget, those hotels will run less than anywhere else. There are so many place to stay. Check out tripadvisor.com to get a feel of the area and popular hotels and then check the prices for March. I have a feeling they will be high.

We have stayed at the Intercontinental, Holiday Inn on Biscayne Blvd. and one night splurged at Loews on South Beach.

We (6 of us) stayed at the Embassy Suites Miami airport pre and post cruise. We found it to be a beautiful hotel with great value for the money. We rented a vehicle so the location wasn't so much of an issue, we used Alamo and the return lot is 5min from the hotel with a free shuttle to/from the pier! May not be everyone's cup of tea but it worked very well for us

Archived