Camp Carnival

trishloves2cruz

Any feedback on camp carnival from anyone who has used it for 2 or 6 yr. old? Did the kids really like it? Would they want to do it again?

My son was 6 when he first went ot Camp Carnival and loved it. He wanted to be in there all of the time. He would sit in front of the television watching for the time when camp would open in the morning so we could be the first ones there. :D

My two kids were 3 and 6 when they went on their first cruise and they loved it.:D The only problem you might have is with your youngest child. Your little one will be in a younger age group (2-5) with a different counselor than your older childs age group (6-8.) When my 3 year old heard that she would be by herself in her age group and her older sibling would not be around, she started crying and didn't want to go into camp carnival. We didn't make her go and were happy to have her with us, it didn't really matter either way with us. But when her 6 year old sister came out of camp carnival with her face painted like a pirate saying that she went on a treasure hunt, my little one was green with envy. She decided she wanted to go to camp carnival but she insisted that her sister be with her the whole time.

Well, camp carnival will allow the older sibling to step down to a younger age group in order to be with a sibling. But the younger kids aren't allowed to join an older age group. So my older child started going to the younger age group with her sister and they thoroughly enjoyed camp carnival.:)

So you might be prepared for your little one to be a little frightened about not having any family member with her. They don't allow parents to go into the kids areas and stick around, so your older child might need to stay with the younger one to make him/her feel better.

Some of the activities our kids have enjoyed at camp carnival has been helping to build a volcano and make it explode, making their own rubber balls, painting t-shirts, painting pillowcases, and having ice cream parties. On the Carnival website it says they have instituted some new activities in camp carnival including making native american dream catchers, paper mache art, lessons in oil painting, and allowing the kids to make their own ice-cream. We leave Sunday on the Conquest and I will do a review as soon as I get back.;)

I have been in the camp carnival program for a while. When I was 4, I loved it, I loved it when I was 6, I loved it when I was 8, I thought it was just ok when I was 10, I hated it when I was 14. The Treasure Hunts, are great, until you notice there is no point to them, around that time you are 12. You want to get on with your life and not do any more of the treasure hunts, so it is great for younger kids, horrible for older.

Start a new post to tell everyone about it Trish!!!!

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic. Why do you have to be a jerk. I have never taken my kids before, I just started reading these boards, and would like to get all the info I can, So if you don't like it quit reading my posts. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter turned 6 on our last cruise in December 2003 on the Spirit. She absolutely loved it. We're taking the baby (2 1/2 yrs.) on our cruise Nov. 27th, and I'm a little nervous she won't enjoy it...

Last year, our kids were 5 and 7. Our son was going into Kindergarten that fall, so he was used to being with kids older than him (he's a September baby). We asked to have him "bumped" to the older group to be with his sister. They told us to try the younger group and if he hated it, they would move him up.

To our surprise, HE wanted to stay with the 3-5 year olds. NO anxiety about being separated from his older sister. It actually gave them time apart from each other and they got to make their own friends. Sometimes, siblings need their own time away from each other.

I think the separate groups will work to your advantage!

Trish, please excuse the rude posters that feel the need to respond to each and every post whether or not they have something relevant or even interesting to post. Your questions in your posts have all been very reasonable for a person new to cruising. Ask away, and just skim thru the replies until you get to those of us who actually want to help. There are alot of nice people here....REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great cruise!

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic. Why do you have to be a jerk. I have never taken my kids before, I just started reading these boards, and would like to get all the info I can, So if you don't like it quit reading my posts. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to quit reading them because when you start 5 or 6 threads within two days on topics that are frequently discussed and can be found using the SEARCH feature.......nuff said. Type in Camp Carnival, Kids on a cruise, tipping...etc....there are a gazzilion threads on each one of these topics.

Seven.....KUDO'S ;)

Trish, please excuse the rude posters that feel the need to respond to each and every post whether or not they have something relevant or even interesting to post. Your questions in your posts have all been very reasonable for a person new to cruising. Ask away, and just skim thru the replies until you get to those of us who actually want to help. There are alot of nice people here....REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, read posts like this...which are highly relevant to the subject! :D

Trish, there are definitely some posters on these boards that like to wind people up but seriously, you're going to have to develop a much thicker skin if you're going to get any pleasure out of these boards. The posts on this thread and some of your others are pretty mellow compared to some we see on here. Learn to not take the bait and you'll enjoy the experience a lot more and every thread won't turn into a bickering match.:) Happy cruise planning.

Archived