Information on the Pacific Princess, please

mauiedin87

We've booked a 2-week Alaska cruise on the Pacific Princess next August (it will be our 15th cruise overall). We were on her inaugural cruise (as the Renaissance R3) in 1999, so we're aware of her age.

I talked with someone yesterday who was on a Pacific Princess cruise a couple of years ago. She commented that the ship is really showing its age, that everything looks a little the worse for wear etc. Has there been any recent refurbishing?

Anybody out there willing to give us their honest opinion? Anybody been on a recent cruise on her? Thank you in advance, we appreciate your feedback (on other aspects as well).:)

For starters you can go to the member Cruise Review forum on this site. There are a couple of reviews there. Also try to do a search of Pacific Princess 2 where it says "Search This forum" above where the page numbers are.

Marilyn

I was on the Pacific Princess last October/November for 24 days with my mom

I did not think she was showing her age.

I loved the ship and if I wasn't married I would of stayed onboard! :D

I have pictures of the Pacific Princess on our website if you would like to view them.....Just follow the link below and go into Karen's Cruise Corner.

We were on the Pacific Princess last December to January on a trip from Tahiti to Ft. Lauderdale. That was the last trip before her world cruise. She had been in Honolulu before that and was totally "spiffed up" for that great event. She was lovely to us and was in great shape. We had sailed on her to Alaska in 2003 and looked forward to being on her again. We love the small ship experience.

Enjoyed reading your response. Good news. BTW which kind of dancing are you into? We teach Latin dancing in our (very active) retirement community here in Arizona - Salsa, Samba, Merengue, Cumbia and others. It keeps us young(er). The Pacific Princess does have at least one dance floor, doesn't she?:D

We enjoy all kinds of dancing. Agree that it keeps us young(er).:) The Pacific Princess has a dance floor in the Pacific Lounge which is located on Deck 10 Forward. It has a splendid view and there is live music for dancing after dinner. Before dinner there was a piano player...a perfect place for cocktails. Also, there is a dance floor in the Cabaret Lounge and the orchestra plays dance music before the shows. Enjoy!

Archived