Weigh-in Thread 9/26/08...uh oh!

WeirdEyes

Hi gang! Looks like nobody started the weigh-in thread yesterday. Oh Belle, where are you? Hopefully, she'll jump in here and give us a poem.

So how did you do? Lose pounds? Lose inches? Celebrate if you did! :D

I actually gained one pound. Nope, I'm not happy about that at all. I'm now 8 lbs up from my goal weight, which I achieved back in May. The worst thing is that I've gained way too many inches. My pants/shorts that were loose back in May are now snug.

Today is mine and my DH's 21st anniversary and we are going to the beach on the gulf for a few days. I'm going to try my best to eat healthy. Wish me luck!

Good luck everyone! :)

Sheila - Thanks for starting this thread. Sorry that you gained ... it really rots!

I am down 1# this week .... I'm still up 20# from back in May ... It is discouraging. Any other thread that I can post on ?.... as I really need support this time. Jan

PS ... Happy, Happy Anniversary!!!

Jan ~ Great job on the loss! Here's one of the threads that I get lots of inspiration, motivation, and just downright friendship. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44456. I hope you'll join us. I'm also on a thread with Belle and a few other wonderful women; however, the thread is slow and right now, it is only me and Belle posting. Come join that one also if you wish.

Good Morning,

I tried to start a thread yesterday but I have constant problems getting on the boards.

Thanks Sheila for starting and Very Happy Anniversary.

I stayed the same. That's ok though.

Let's keep a stiff upper lip. Good luck this week.

Yes, let's keep a stiff upper lip! ;)

Hello all!

First off, Happy Anniversary Sheila!

Secondly, where is Belle? I miss her poems. I too also tried to start a thread, but kept getting bumped. Wretched computers!

Thirdly, I have a big loss this week! Let me preface this by saying I was up the week of the 11th, didn't weigh in the 18th due to work conflicts, and finally went on the 26th! Lost 8.8 pounds!!:D For a grand total of.....77.4 pounds! :p Yea for me! Sorry to all you who aren't having great weeks, and I will eat less for you too! I hate to gloat, but I am just so happy! I wanted to hit a loss of 69 pounds before my cruise, and still have 7 weeks left to loose. Don't get me wrong, I still have a LOT to go, better than 200 pounds to get to my healthy weight, but I feel I can do it. I love WW, and the constant feelings of success that come with my weekly meetings. I can do this! I just keep telling myself that everyday!

My mind went south with my body

I need a hot toddy

Mother is giving me problems everyday

Can't seem to make her remember what I do or say

So I will not forget you next week

Will give you a poem you seek

Sorry.. Jan and Sheila that you are having a hard time

with weight loss..You did great! Your just hitting a rough

spot! Jan join us on the Nov. thread, anyone else

that wants to, come post.

I lost 5 lbs but haven't lost anymore for a few weeks

and I've been good. Why oh why it is so hard to LOSE

but so easy to GAIN?

AMC..You are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work.

Give me/us your secret? Even thro your doing WW, you have

to have secrets.

Wine..Good you stayed the same..no gains. You've done

so good too.

Sheila again I wish you a Happy A with husband. Thanks

for starting the post. (did it on the Nov. thread, if you didn't read)

Everyone have a Good Weekend and Week.

Hello all!

First off, Happy Anniversary Sheila!

Secondly, where is Belle? I miss her poems. I too also tried to start a thread, but kept getting bumped. Wretched computers!

Thirdly, I have a big loss this week! Let me preface this by saying I was up the week of the 11th, didn't weigh in the 18th due to work conflicts, and finally went on the 26th! Lost 8.8 pounds!!:D For a grand total of.....77.4 pounds! :p Yea for me! Sorry to all you who aren't having great weeks, and I will eat less for you too! I hate to gloat, but I am just so happy! I wanted to hit a loss of 69 pounds before my cruise, and still have 7 weeks left to loose. Don't get me wrong, I still have a LOT to go, better than 200 pounds to get to my healthy weight, but I feel I can do it. I love WW, and the constant feelings of success that come with my weekly meetings. I can do this! I just keep telling myself that everyday!

YEA FOR YOU is right! Great job!

Thanks Sheila ... I think I need the extra support right now --- Hopefully this weekend I'll have enough time to pop in over there. Jan

Yes, pop on over to the threads Countdown & November).

Belle ~ I figured you were busy with your DM. Unfortunately, I forgot to start the thread yesterday. Oops! :cool:

Hello all again!

Sorry Belle, no secrets. Just water, water, water and walk, walk, walk! I have made a promise to myself not to spend any of my personal gas driving to or from work. This means walking to and from. I work about 1 3/4 mile from where I live, about a 35 minute walk. At night, we park the vehicle about a mile from home, so about a 20 minute walk. Fri and Sat night I keep the vehicle at my house, so I just find other places to walk to. We have been doing our grocery shopping at 2 close-by stores, and walk to those. If we decide to go out for dinner, we try to walk there too. I've been getting lots of comments from people who see me out walking, and have broken them of asking me if I need a ride. My poor Jeep thinks I've abandoned him. The only time I drive him some weeks is going to WW! I have given up the diet coke and drink almost only water and Crystal Light iced tea. It's really just a matter of committing and sticking to it. We went to Disney last year with our nieces, 10 and 12 at the time. It was an awesome vacation, but I was physically exhausted and sore! I think we could have done a lot more if I wasn't so beat. So, my goal next year is to go back to Disney for my 40th B-Day and weigh less than 200 pounds! I'm at 290.8 now. Told you I was a big girl!

Sorry I've come late to the party, ladies. Between my youngest daughter who stole me away on Thursday to my husband and our 27th anniversary last night (congrats to you too, Sheila!), I just haven't had time to even touch the computer.

On Thursday I was 1.5 pounds down from last week. However, after celebrating all day yesterday, I think those 1.5 pounds were back this morning. September is a hard month for losing weight with the 3 birthdays and anniversary; maybe now that they're all past I can get on with a healthy, sensible routine again.

I think all of you are winners whether you had a down (on the scale) week or not. You are all working at making a better you and you have the commitment to keep coming on here week after week to seek support and give it in return. And Belle keeps us all smiling with her poems! :)

Barbie

I was up this week by .8. That was a pleasant surprise...was afraid it would be more than that. We had probably 40-45 people at our WW meeting and we only lost a total of 23 lbs. Sounds like we were all off at the meeting! New week....new focus! This last 5 lbs. has been a devil to take off! Enjoy the week!

Archived