Dreaded vent on Emerald Princess?

freetocruise

I have booked C748 on the Emerald Princess over Christmas. It was the only suite available and we enjoy the space on busy holiday cruises. For anyone who's been in that particular suite on Emerald, how would you describe the vent? Is it noisy, smelly, etc? I have read every post regarding beams and vents but can find none that specifically refer to the Emerald.

I'd also be interested in comments from anyone who has stayed in cabins on the Emerald that are next to the vents.

Thanks for any help.

Not done Emerald but stayed in C748 on Crown which is exactly the same and all the over the top reports on the vent are exactly that, over the top..!!

We noticed no smell, no dirty emissions on the balcony and very little noise either. Yes you can hear it but its not something that stops a conversation or stops you from utilising the balcony and when you go inside and shut the doors there is no sound whatsoever. Just enjoy the suite..!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=beam

Here's a link to a very good thread. We had a suite with the "dreaded beam" and it was no issue at all. Can't speak for the vent though.

Thank you for the link. I had indeed read that thread very carefully and while there were many comments on suites next to vents on other ships, I saw nothing that commented on the experience on Emerald in one of those suites. That is the reason I was asking for anyone who had stayed in C748 or any of the other vent suites on Emeald as I realized there was a lot of difference between the ships.

I'd still love to hear anyone's experiences. Thanks

Hi Freetocruise,

In May of this year we were on the Emerald in Europe. We stayed in Suite C748 and it was wonderful. The vent is there but we did not find it bothersome. There is some noise from it but the noise from the wake of the ship is much louder. A noise the we both love to hear. Being able to watch the wake and have the privacy of that suite made our trip one of our best. We noticed only a couple of times (in 12 days) a smell coming from the vent. It was more of a food smell than anyting. On one sea day, we had 12 people in our cabin for breakfast and had no problems. The balcony is wonderful. Have a great trip in this beautiful location. You will be happy with your choice. Muffy

Archived