Radiance to be transferred to Pullmantur

Loyal2RCCL

Well, I'm not sure how you would really know it cause "a lot of angst" beyond yourself, so your comment has just a bit of hyperbole. :rolleyes:

Cruise Critic isn't the New York Times. People don't have to verify something with 3 independent sources before posting it. I have no doubt Tony heard what he reported. There are several possible reasons why the changes have not yet come to bear. But I appreciate him posting the info, because it provides insight into things that may happen. IME, you can learn a lot from crew that you develop a relationship with. Sometimes it's accurate; sometimes not.

I think the savvy Cruise Critic learns 2 things quickly: 1) nothing here is written in stone and it's all subject to change, and 2) you're only as good as your reputation. People like Tony and Sue who cruise regularly, spend time here, and post constructively and politely get my respect.

I do know it caused a lot of angst because there was a very lengthy thread on it.

Again, my concern is posting info heard from the crew, not made public by the company.

Ha, Ha, Rick likes me!!;)

I do know it caused a lot of angst because there was a very lengthy thread on it.

Again, my concern is posting info heard from the crew, not made public by the company.

Well, then, I won't share what the LA on Majesty told me a few weeks ago. It may send you into a complete panic...:D

Or maybe he's just too nice a guy to state his real opinion of you. ;)

Well, then, I won't share what the LA on Majesty told me a few weeks ago. It may send you into a complete panic...:D

Trust me, my life is full enough that I will not worry or panic about anything related to cruising.

Oh by the way, I'll be diamond plus in Nov. My first cruise was in Nov 2006. I know a bit about cruising.

Trust me, my life is full enough that I will not worry or panic about anything related to cruising.

Oh by the way, I'll be diamond plus in Nov. My first cruise was in Nov 2006. I know a bit about cruising.

We're all Diamond Plus here but we don't go around announcing it every five minutes like you do. I'm so impressed.

Well, then you've contradicted yourself a bit, as you earlier cited the "angst" caused by Tony's post...

Of course you do. I'm challenging your approach, not your knowledge. :)

To the OP - my apologies for hijacking your thread.

Jeka........I DO hope that you will make it to Diamond Plus in November. No one knows for sure when the C&A program is going to change. Congratulations on the number of cruises and cruise credits that you have now.

On the other hand.....Patrick has a few more cruises and cruise credits under his belt..........and he is one of the members that is actually having benefits taken away from him.........as we speak.

Tony may have spoken too soon........but there are things being discussed in corporate that are far worse than just not being able to combine OBC's for more credit.

And.....some of us are waiting for the other shoe to drop.:eek:

Rick

Sovereign o/t Seas leaves RCI in November 2008 for Pullmantur.

Speculation is that Island Cruises (another leg of the RCI spider) could be disolved into CDF and the ships, Island Star (ex Horizon) will go to CDF and Island Escape off elsewhere, possibly Iberocruceros.

Further speculation has Majesty o/t Seas and/or Monarch o/t Seas joining Galaxy in TUI or Pullmantur (seeing as Sky Wonder is not exactly giving a sparkling performance).

Trying to keep up with the who is having which ship and when is a flamin' headache...specially as the lines keep chopping and changing their minds like fiddlers elbows :rolleyes:

kewlguy, thanks for the heads up on the changes comming to C&A, after this Bermuda cruise, I will be a Diamond member. I am glad that they held off this long.

I have not had the pleasure of cruising on a Radiance class ship yet but one day I will.

Kewlguy,

Like david4 said, thank you for the C&A Warning.

I need one more credit to go diamond, so I scheduled a Bermuda cruise in Oct.

If the requirements do not change prior to Oct 25th, I will be Diamond :).

If RCI changes the rules before Oct 25th, I may not be Diamond, but I still get a cruise to Bermuda:)

Thanks for the heads up!

That is interesting. Can you please give some more information about that.

RCCL has been smart (or not so smart) in having all benefits beyond Diamond Plus just noted, but never in writing for all to see........that there are other perks after ones 49th cruise credit and then at the 75th credit and 100 cruise credits.

However, nothing is put in writing of what those "perks" might be. After 50 cruise credits......the member is allowed a second ammenity. Also, if the member chooses to cruise alone in the cabin.......the "perk" is that they only have to pay 150% of the cabin........not 200%. That portiion was just re explained to us as we will have over 50 cruise credits by the time we start the Panama Canal portion of our Monarch voyage next month.

When someone reaches 75 cruise credits, they have the ability to choose a 3rd ammenity..........and the biggie.........is that for a single supplement in a cabin........there would be no upcharge.........or just the 100% charge of one occupant. :) Now.........that has been taken away........and the best that will be given...........as I understand it........is the 150% charge.:(

That is an example of benefits being removed from someone that has favored RCCL with enough business to warrant achiving 75 cruise credits.

I hope that this makes sense and that, although some think that it is a small charge..........take a $6,000 per person charge. At 75 points a single cruising would only have to pay $6,000. Someone that has 50 points would have to pay $9,000 for the same cabin, same trip, and any other single with fewer points would have to pay $12,000 to be in the same cabin as a single.

Now........that is a benefit that has been taken away. It was always a verbal benefit, as all benefits above Diamond Plus are just verbal benefits.

Hope this answers your question.

Rick

Interesting, weren't you the one who declared early in the year the changes to C&A benefits within weeks not months? Sorry, but your info has lost a bit of credibility.

To OP, not funny, many of us cruise RCI because of the Radiance class. My heart stopped beating until I got to the "Just Kidding" line.

Kewl has only lost credibility with the few who don't want to see reality. I remember that thread and how people lashed out at him to the point of ridicule. There were only a handful of us supporting him. I certainly did not have the insides on the C & A and benefit program in general just my common sense and observation.

However,unless Azamara stops hemmorhaging cash for RCL,there are serious rumours that one or even both their ships will be returning to Pullmantur for them to add tonnage to their new French "all-inclusive" line CDF which has been sailing at close to a 90% occupancy rate with great reviews from their mainly French clientel with their one ship, the ex Europa since May of this year.

Well said!!!!

I have been told many things...........and I have learned just to keep them to myself. Some of what I have been told is coming true......and some not, or on hold. It's sad to report that some of the C&A benefits given to members with over 75 cruise credits are now being taken away.

Rick

And why would you do that? :D Even if it is unpopular always speak your mind. :D As humans we didn't get to where we are through agreements but rather through disagreements. Disagreements create challenges, challenges need resolve and solutions.

I could care less what you believe and what you don't. The two ships in question will be out of the fleet in a couple of years. Also the info about the loyalty program changes are also a fact. I never said when. I said changes were imminent according to what I was told. Maybe the uproar on the boards caused a delay in the plans.

You were right on and you are with this post. Keep it rolling Kewl. You always had your fan base regardless on how unpopular your info was.:);)

It wasn't a personal attack, it was a fact. Perhaps you should take advice from Rick, and not post information that RCI hasn't made public.

Why not. Unless Kewl has signed a confidentiality agreement or the crew member has said "Psssht, don't tell anybody" Kewl is not violating any ethical, moral or legal rules. I certainly appreciate info like that much more than the crap CC has developed into like

- share soda cards

- brown sugar or not

- babies in swim diapers crapping in pool because parents don't care

- endless smoking/non smoking and booze smuggling threads

- chair hogging

- how to successfully scam a cruise line

- its too cold on the ships

- its to warm on the ship

- the ship is shaking too much

- I was on the Mariner will I like the Navigator :eek:

...the list goes on...

Kewl has good solid advice and I want him to continue posting his info.

Well, then, I won't share what the LA on Majesty told me a few weeks ago. It may send you into a complete panic...

Could it be the same info from the LA on the Monarch that the Monarch and Majesty may leave the fleet faster than initially thought? ;)

Oh whoopie...lots of 3 Nighters in a JS....

Why do people always have the need to announce their status? Who cares....

Keep up the good work Kewlguy......

[quote name='GMoney']Well, then, I won't share what the LA on Majesty told me a few weeks ago. It may send you into a complete panic...:D[/quote]

Maybe not Patrick, we all know how much accurate information loyalty ambassadors have about the inner workings and RCI's plans for the future. :D I've learned to take such information with more than a grain of salt.

I appreciate your kind words FL_Cruiser64. I don't have a problem with disagreement or a healthy debate. It's the personal attacks on peoples character I take issue with. Accusing someone of lying about what they were told I consider a personal attack. People can keep their heads in the sand and continue to be in denial but many changes in the cruise line industry are on the horizon.

[quote name='negc']Maybe not Patrick, we all know how much accurate information loyalty ambassadors have about the inner workings and RCI's plans for the future. :D I've learned to take such information with more than a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

And I pretty much raised the same caution in an earlier post.

[quote name='Jeka'][COLOR=red]And my point tonight is people should not post info that has not been publicly announced.[/COLOR] The C&A announcement by kewguy caused a lot of angst on this website and it proved to be unwarranted.[/quote]
People like hearing rumors and stuff and we appreciate people who post them! Kewlguy is right those two ships will leave Royal Caribbean’s fleet soon! Royal Caribbean will keep getting rid of the smaller and old ships and keep building newer and bigger ships!

[quote name='rubrrick']RCCL has been smart (or not so smart) in having all benefits beyond Diamond Plus just noted, but never in writing for all to see........that there are other perks after ones 49th cruise credit and then at the 75th credit and 100 cruise credits.

However, nothing is put in writing of what those "perks" might be. After 50 cruise credits......the member is allowed a second ammenity. Also, if the member chooses to cruise alone in the cabin.......the "perk" is that they only have to pay 150% of the cabin........not 200%. That portiion was just re explained to us as we will have over 50 cruise credits by the time we start the Panama Canal portion of our Monarch voyage next month.

When someone reaches 75 cruise credits, they have the ability to choose a 3rd ammenity..........and the biggie.........is that for a single supplement in a cabin........there would be no upcharge.........or just the 100% charge of one occupant. :) Now.........that has been taken away........and the best that will be given...........as I understand it........is the 150% charge.:(

That is an example of benefits being removed from someone that has favored RCCL with enough business to warrant achiving 75 cruise credits.

I hope that this makes sense and that, although some think that it is a small charge..........take a $6,000 per person charge. At 75 points a single cruising would only have to pay $6,000. Someone that has 50 points would have to pay $9,000 for the same cabin, same trip, and any other single with fewer points would have to pay $12,000 to be in the same cabin as a single.

Now........that is a benefit that has been taken away. It was always a verbal benefit, as all benefits above Diamond Plus are just verbal benefits.

Hope this answers your question.

Rick[/quote]

Thank you for the detailed answer! I was aware that there are some more benefits for the "DiamondPlusPlus" members and above, but as you mentioned the reduced single supplement that was exactly the major perk I was looking forward to, on my way from DP to DPP and above. Well, at least there is still the hope that the 150% instead of the 200% charge will remain as a benefit after completing the 49 credits.

[quote name='manuelstar']Thank you for the detailed answer! I was aware that there are some more benefits for the "DiamondPlusPlus" members and above, but as you mentioned the reduced single supplement that was exactly the major perk I was looking forward to, on my way from DP to DPP and above. Well, at least there is still the hope that the 150% instead of the 200% charge will remain as a benefit after completing the 49 credits.[/quote]

This question was answered by the D+ desk yesterday, as we will have the points for the extra perks for our Panama Canal cruise next month.

Unfortunately.........it's not written in stone........it's not even written on the RCCL website. But it is upsetting when I see some very loyal people like Patrick that has the number of cruises (and he rarely talks about the number.......he just cruises).......having the benefits taken away.........I would not be surprised if his attitude toward RCCL changes.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...
Was checking out cruises on pullmantur and saw this on their website. It made me kind of sad to see the pullmantur livery colors painted on the girl that popped my cherry.

[IMG]http://www.pullmanturcruises.com/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1211206936485&ssbinary=true[/IMG]

[quote name='Loyal2RCCL']Sorry for the scare-- I just couldn't resist. Radiance class are also my favorite ships!

Actually the info on the C&A program changing is not new news. It will be changed at some point. Actually one of the changes they were considering was to base the levels on the number of days at sea rather than the length of the cruise. HAL has this as part of their program. I would also expect changes to the amenities offered to each level. A few months back they sent our an online survey asking for opinions on what you'd like to see in a new program.

Celebrity is due to announce changes to their Capt. Circle program in the very near future so expect RCCL to follow shortly thereafter expecially now that they finally got the computer problems fixed with the cruise credits.[/quote]
I also received and completed the online survey regarding the C & A program. I wonder if the results will be announced, or will RCL just implement the changes. I had a feeling that they would be changing some aspects of the program because of the survey. I remember I suggested they "grandfather" everyone in who already reached a certain status.

Archived