Buying liquor near Port of Miami?

bjm1271

Coming from the port going towards the Hilton there is a little liquor store about 6 blocks past the Hilton(give or take a couple blocks lol) on Biscayne Blvd. From what i was told there is a much nicer one a little further but we didnt feel like walking any further. It is walkable from the Hilton.

From the Port of Miami Holiday Inn, go out the front door and face the Bayside Marketplace. Turn to your right and walk down and across the first block. At the second block, turn right. Go one block, then turn left. It is on the far side of the street, just a few doors down from the corner. (I'm looking at Streets and Trips and it looks like it would be just south of the corner of NE 2nd Street and NE 3rd Avenue)

It's pretty small for a liquor store (if you are used to large, sprawling ABC stores like I am) but it did seem to have all the basics.

When you are standing in front of the liquor store you can also see the Walgreens in front of you, another two blocks to the south.

Walgreens does have a decent soda and snack section and we were even able to get a cardboard box that we carried back to the hotel and used it to pack our sodas in a "redneck suitcase" that we put our luggage tags on and it was delivered to our cabin with the rest of our luggage! I had planned ahead and packed shipping tape with us. My husband even fashioned a handle on it out of reinforced shipping tape and it worked like a charm! I was also able to pick up a couple of insulated mugs at Walgreens and save valuable space in my luggage for the flight down.

I'd post a pic, but I am sure I am already gonna get dinged for packing for a cruise in a cardboard box!

Go to maps.google.com. Then type in your address of your hotel into the search with liquor stores. Mine came up with 10 in the area, 4 within blocks. It gives you the name, address and even phone number of them on the left side. For example i'm staying at the hyatt so i typed in...

400 South East Second Avenue, Miami, Florida, USA liquor stores

I might print this out when i go. :) Hope that helps.

Just ordered our RumRunner Flasks. Looking for info as well. We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard downtown and I've heard there is one near our hotel, but haven't gotten any details yet.

Hello,

I know there is a CVS literally like 100 yards from the Courtyard Marriott. I know they sell liquor here in IL, so I would only imagine they do in FL. Right across the street from your hotel there is a Don Pan Bakery just continue down that block and CVS it on the next corner. If you go to google maps ad locate your hotel you shouldl be able to find it with no problem. Its at the corner of SE 2nd St. and SE third Ave.

Good luck

Archived