Ship time - local time?

jbrob

We are sailing on the Veendam from Tampa, Nov 13. Our itenerary says that we will be in Belize Nov.16, 8:00 am - 6:00pm. Does that mean EST or CST? We have reserved a tour that meets at 9:00 CST (Belize time). Can we make it?

Thanks Peaches. Guess we'd better plan on something else.

Not sure I understand. You will be getting into Belize at 8 CST (if your HAL itinerary says 8 they mean 8 CST Belize time) and your tour is at 9. Problem?

If the tour is for people on your ship the tour people will be aware if there is a delay and you are late, but unless I am missing something you will be in Belize an hour before your tour. :confused:

Our tour is with WET n Wild, not through HAL. If the ship drops anchor at 8:00. I don't know when the 1st tender leaves or how long it takes to get to the pier or how far we have to go from there to meet our tour. An hour may not be enough time.

I would ask the tour operator by email or however you have been in contact. These tour companies' livelihoods depend on tourists and I'm sure on cruise ships. They are very familiar with when and where you will arrive and any time problems. I'm sure with your ship name and day/time of arrival he will be able to answer your questions. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Peaches suggestion is good. Most of these tour operators will work with you. I had a tour booked in Costa Rica. When I got up that morning I found out we were at a different dock. :eek: The tour operator was aware of the switch and he was waiting to meet us.

Tendering does slow things down. Go to the lounge early to pick up your tender ticket so you can get off the ship on an early tender. Let the tour operator know that you will do your best to get off as early as possible.

Be aware that the tender ride in Belize is close to 30 minutes, they use local tenders not ships tenders. The ocean is a little rough out there beyond the reef. I`m sure your tour company has dealt with cruise pax before, but it wouldn`t hurt to give him a heads up.....jean :cool:

Archived