Kinikini Tours

porky113

We just got back from 11 night Empress cruise. 8 of us thought about a Jeep Rental until I found KINIKINI tours where we hooked up with them and did our second ATV tour of the cruise. We started in a subdivision and made our way out to the lighthouse and beach areas, past the ship and back into town. Did the same tour as the Jeeps but had more fun. It was $87 each driver and they picked us up at the ship and dropped us off.

Porky

• 2 weeks later...

I just did this tour last Tuesday with Kini Kini (a 4-hour tour), and it was a blast!

Yes, you drive the ATV yourself, but the places you go are really not dangerous or terribly difficult - just a few interesting bumps and some rocky terrain along the way, but nothing that has you careening near precipitous cliffs or anything! The vast majority of the trip is on either paved roads of fairly flat dirt trails. If you're careful you'll be fine, even as a novice. I'd never done this before and it's very intuitive..there were also two newbie females in our group as well. Just make sure you don't jam on the brakes too hard or take turns too fast.

The tour itself was breathtaking. Some of the scenery and natural features on the opposite coast are just gorgeous. If you can, take the tour that visits the Natural Pool. This is the most interesting/fun terrain to ride on, and the attraction itself is VERY memorable.

Here's contact info for KiniKini. I was able to reserve this tour for $65 (4 hours) via e-mail with ChristineArends@kinikini.com.

• 2 years later...

Have to say, we just did a private ATV tour with Kini Kini http://www.kinikini.com/ and it was one of the best excursions we have ever taken on the island in the 13 years that we have been visiting.

We were picked up by van at our resort and taken to their office where our credit card information was processed and we were then taken to the ATV's for orientation and safety as well as fitting for our helmets. I rode single and our 12 yo dd rode on the back of the ATV with dh.

We were then, following our guide, off to visit the sites. I have to say dh and I had never rode ATV's previously and were slightly nervous given the prospect of riding some local roads prior to heading "off road" once past the tip of the island and the California Lighthouse. Our worries were for nothing. We drove at a speed which was comfortable to us and our guide Ray led accordingly and at each stop gave us a little history.

Our sites visited included:

California Lighthouse

Wish Garden

Alto Vista Chapel

Bushiribana Ruins

Natural Bridge

Natural Pool

We have been to all the above sites previously and mainly took the tour for access to the Natural Pool. We did give up the stop at the Ayo Rock Formations to substitute addtional time at the Natural Pool in lieu of this. Our guide Ray was very happy to oblige. This afforded our dd time for a swim at the pool. Very nice after the dusty and dirty ride.

The island has not seen significant rain between February and now, so as you can imagine, the dust and dirt were THE worst part of the trip. If you prepare beforehand and wear junky clothes and shoes as we did, this will not be an issue. ;)

On the back of his ATV, Ray carried a cooler with water as well as strapped our backpack (camera, video camera and towel) and was happy to allow us as much time as necessary for photos and video.

I do have to say after visiting the Natural Pool twice previously by Jeep/4 x 4, not only was the ATV MUCH easier, but it was MUCH quicker to ride the path to the Natural Pool.

• 1 month later...

This is from my review of our recent trip. Our experience with Rancho Daimari was very unfortunate, but we were extremely happy with Kini Kini.

"This trip to Aruba, we had decided to take dd to see the Natural Pool. Dh and I had driven there twice previously on our own via 4 x 4. Dh hated driving there and did not want to do it again. He is allergic to horses so that was out. The new Tom Cars looked cool on the Aruba Off-Road website so we decided we would give that a shot. The day before we left for Aruba they emailed a confirmation and substituted Baby Beach for the Natural Pool. The reason we booked the tour was for the Natural Pool, so we cancelled.

We then booked an ATV tour with Rancho Daimari. By chance when a kind person on the Aruba bulletin board heard we had changed our plans to an ATV tour, he instead recommended Kini Kini Tours. Dh cancelled Rancho Daimari and called Kini Kini and booked a private ATV tour.

We awoke early Saturday morning to give ourselves enough time for breakfast. While dd and I were finishing up dh went to the concierge to make a dinner reservation. He got confused and saw the van for Daimari and went over and talked to the driver. The driver said, yes he was there to pick us up and if we were not all there within 5 minutes he was leaving without us. HE was 20 minutes early and even if we were "really" booked with them, I don't like being threatened when he was early. Dh ran and got us at the buffet, we high tailed back to the room for a last potty stop and to pick up our backpack and we were off. When I saw the van I immediately knew dh had gotten confused and Daimari's driver took advantage of this. We were later told by others that this is a common practice for Daimari. They see tourists at resort lobbies waiting for pick ups and they try to grab them for their tours instead. Shame on them!

I went straight up to the driver and told him that we had cancelled and there was no way we were going ANYWHERE with him and his attitude. So dd and I sit down to await our pick up from Kini Kini and lo and behold there is their driver recognizable by his "Kini Kini" t-shirt sitting on the bench across from us. We went over and introduced ourselves and he helped us into the van and we were off. A short ride down to the high rise hotels we picked up a couple who were taking a jeep tour.

Our driver Ray took us to Kini Kini's office. It was a house and we were instructed to walk through the house to the back and there was the office! This office is actually in the home of the owners Eloy and his wife Christine. We indeed felt as if we were being welcomed into their home. Our credit card information was processed and we were then taken to the ATV's for orientation and safety as well as fitting for our helmets. Eloy and Ray made us feel very comfortable and gave us a good run through before our butts even hit the seats. If the ATV's were not new, they were "like" new. During our stop at the Natural Bridge, a rider on a rented ATV from another company admired our ATV's saying, "We got the good ones."

I rode single and our 12 yo dd rode on the back of the ATV with dh. Following our guide Ray, we were off to visit the sites. I have to say dh and I had never rode ATV's previously and were slightly nervous given the prospect of riding some local roads prior to heading "off road" once past the tip of the island and the California Lighthouse. Our worries were for nothing. By the time we left the lighthouse we were of course off road and I know I personally was feeling very comfortable driving. Ray allowed us to drive at a speed comfortable to us, leading accordingly and offering up insight and history at each stop.

Our sites visited included: California Lighthouse, Wish Garden, Alto Vista Chapel, "Baby" Natural Bridge, Bushiribana Ruins, the Natural Bridge and Natural Pool. We have been to all the above sites previously and again, took the tour for access to the Natural Pool. We did give up the stop at the Ayo Rock Formations in order to be able to spend additional time at the Natural Pool. Our guide Ray was very happy to oblige. Dd was happy to be able to take a swim, cool off and rinse off some of the dirt.

On the back of his ATV, Ray carried a cooler with water as well as strapped our backpack carrying digital camera, video camera and towel and was happy to allow us as much time as necessary at each stop for photos and video.

I do have to say after visiting the Natural Pool twice previously by 4 x 4, getting there by ATV, was by far the easiest and quickest way in which to get there once we were "off road". It was still a little "hairy", as it was in a 4 x 4, but by following our guide Ray, we knew exactly where on the path to follow. I might add I was grateful the brakes worked! Never once did I fear for my life though. Imo it is more dangerous swimming in the Natural Pool than getting there via ATV. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough, especially as a way to see the Natural Pool. This was one of the best excursions we have ever taken on the island in the 13 years that we have been visiting.

Also, as many times as we have been over on the "other" side of the island, there were a couple of new things Ray showed us: 1. "Baby" Natural Bridge, always been there, we just drove by it, 2. the coolest blow hole you have ever seen, 3. Been to Alto Vista what about 15 times ? and never knew there was the Peace Labyrinth there. Dd and her friends took their turn through the Labyrinth when we stopped there later in the week.

Was there a downside? Dirty as anything. Riding behind our guide Ray, and then my dh, I literally know now where the expression, "eat my dust" comes from. Remembering how green the island was at Christmas, it was immediately noticeable that it was now so totally opposite. Brown as brown as can be. No significant rain since February, by June the island had become very very dry and DUSTY. As a side note, as I will mention later, the island did see significant rain June 24 and 25. In 17 visits I have never seen the island as dry as it was. If you prepare beforehand and wear junky clothes (think throw away) and shoes as we did, this will not be an issue. My t-shirt from that day just went into the trash; no amount of bleach was ever going to get out all of that dust.

Dd complained about everything under the sun during the ride, but this was her chance to see and swim in the Natural Pool. If you asked her now I think she would say she liked it but will tell you that she did not like the dirt and the dust. For dh and myself it was a unique experience and an opportunity to see Aruba from a different perspective. As many times as we have been over on the "other" side of the island, there were a couple of new things Ray showed us: 1. "Baby" Natural Bridge, always been there, we just drove by it, 2. the coolest blow hole you have ever seen, 3. Been to Alto Vista what about 15 times ? and never knew there was the Peace Labyrinth there. Dd and her friends took their turn through the Labyrinth when we stopped there later in the week."

Would like to only do the Natural Pool and swim and have fun there, is it worth a stay for over an hr?

www.*****

Yes, but I would definitely bring a snorkel and mask to check out the fish and critters in the pool. If you don't have them ask beforehand if they can hook you up with the gear.

Yes, but I would definitely bring a snorkel and mask to check out the fish and critters in the pool. If you don't have them ask beforehand if they can hook you up with the gear.

Great info, now here is another issue, I do not want to do a tour, there are 6 of us and we want to go on our own since we have visited the sights, any suggestions on where we can rent ATV?

http://www.*****

aruba lisa i find you here too...lol well i tried the email that you posted here and i can't email them cause i keep getting mail-demon....so im not sure what to do if i book when i get to aruba you think i will get a tour?

so im not sure what to do if i book when i get to aruba you think i will get a tour?
Yes I think you will be fine in booking a tour, they are far from being a large operator. The day we went on the ATV tour, the only other pick up with us in the van was one other couple. They were taking a jeep tour.

LOL, when you see Christine the owner, tell her she needs to do something about her contact form!!! ;) :D

If I do not talk to you before then, have a wonderful trip.

well I still can't get thru them.. but thanks Lisa i contacted the Tam and they said i could book when i arrive but they recommand Deplam so im going to find the numbers and name so i get the tour group you guys highly recommand.. thanks again..BUt if anyone knows a number or an email that works let me know thanks again ..jillianes@aol.com

well I still can't get thru them.. but thanks Lisa i contacted the Tam and they said i could book when i arrive but they recommand Deplam so im going to find the numbers and name so i get the tour group you guys highly recommand.. thanks again..BUt if anyone knows a number or an email that works let me know thanks again ..jillianes@aol.com

The deal with the Tamarijn and De Palm is that there is a "deal" between them. :rolleyes: That is who they sell. If I had to bet, I would say part if not all of the concierge's salaries are paid by De Palm. They are the largest operators on the island and run what I commonly refer to as "cattle cars".

ANY activity that you ask the concierges about at the Tam, they WILL refer you to one which is run through or sub-contracted by De Palm. FWIW, De Palm subs atv tours with Watapana Tours and they are a horror story. Google "watapana tours complaints aruba" :eek:

I have emailed a friend on the island to see if he can find out the email address for Kini Kini. It seems a lot of folks on the island know one another so worth the try. I will let you know if I get a response.

Lisa i finially got thru some how and i booked i think .. i just need a conformation # or something so just waiting.. but thanks again for all your help and advice.... kids are off to sleep away camp for 2 weeks but when they get home off we go to Aruba ooh how i can't wait.. not so much for me but for the kids since they have never been outside of the USA, always to Florida ,California. or Virgina always somewhere in the USA so this is big!!! that is why the ATV tour was so important! so here we go ..thank you

Thinking about booking with the Kinikini atv tours... can anyone tell me how far from the port to where you pick up your atv?? Also.. what are your thoughts on the half day verses the full day? It isn't that much more money, but I would love to know if people thought that 4 hours was plenty on the atv or if the full 7 hour days was fine??

Thanks for any help...:)

hey do you know if they will send you an email conformation about my booking?? i have not heard and it has been a week? thanks again
I honestly do not know, I am trying to get a contact for them, will let you know if and when I get it. When are you leaving again? :o 2 weeks?

Thinking about booking with the Kinikini atv tours... can anyone tell me how far from the port to where you pick up your atv?? Also.. what are your thoughts on the half day verses the full day? It isn't that much more money, but I would love to know if people thought that 4 hours was plenty on the atv or if the full 7 hour days was fine??

Thanks for any help...:)

We did the half day, 4 hour and was plenty for me. As much fun as I DID have, hot and dusty dirty, I was ready for a nice cold shower and LOTS of soap afterwards. :D I think in 4 hours you will get a real nice overview of the island and still have time left over for beach or shopping later in the day.

Pickup is by van and they take you to their office for payment, safety instructions and off course intro to your guide and ATV. :) The island is not that big, so going to say it is no more than 20 minutes from the terminal.

atv_sm.jpg The back of my shirt after the tour. :eek: No amount of bleach cleaned it.

I honestly do not know, I am trying to get a contact for them, will let you know if and when I get it. When are you leaving again? :o 2 weeks?

We did the half day, 4 hour and was plenty for me. As much fun as I DID have, hot and dusty dirty, I was ready for a nice cold shower and LOTS of soap afterwards. :D I think in 4 hours you will get a real nice overview of the island and still have time left over for beach or shopping later in the day.

Pickup is by van and they take you to their office for payment, safety instructions and off course intro to your guide and ATV. :) The island is not that big, so going to say it is no more than 20 minutes from the terminal.

atv_sm.jpg The back of my shirt after the tour. :eek: No amount of bleach cleaned it.

Awesome! Thanks... yeah, I was think 4 hours would be plenty too. I will make sure I bring a grubby t-shirt for the ride. Yeah... I know you get filthy when you ride, I will make sure I am prepared. I can't wait!!

we are going to be in Aruba October 30th, but our ship is only going to be there from 0700 to 1300..is that enought time to do the Kini Kini ATv tour and get back to ship? I'd hate to have a breakdown and be late..or would I??Stuck in Aruba..it could be worse:cool:

I emailed them at info@kinikini.com

The thing is that they have a spam blocker. You will receive an email back from them "Your email requires verification verify# xxxx".

Fortunately I went into my "junk mail" folder and found that reply email. Anyway, after finding it, the reply states,

"The message you sent requires that you verify that you are a real live human being and not a spam source.

To complete this verification, simply reply to this message and leave the subject line intact."

After replying as stated, I received a second email stating,

"This message is to notify you that your verification was received, and your email address was successfully white listed.

All pending messages from your address have been delivered to

No action is needed on your part."

Michael Kays according to their website their tours generally run 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. I would email them and see if they would be able to work around your hours in port.

I tried to email them but it was returned saying there was fatal errors... there was nothing in my junk folder. I used my AOL account, maybe I will try my hotmail account and see if that works any better? Any other hints? Also... on the 1/2 day ATV tour, do you get some time at the Natural Pool to swim?

thanks again...

I tried to email them but it was returned saying there was fatal errors... there was nothing in my junk folder. I used my AOL account, maybe I will try my hotmail account and see if that works any better? Any other hints?

I just tried to set up this tour thru their website and had the same problem, not a secure site and shut down my computer but the next day I e-mailed them at christinearends@kinikini.com She got back to me the same day with info and another way to set up the tour. Answered all my questions. Hope this helps.

Archived