Pools closed at Atlantis???

red1der1

Does anyone know anything about pools being closed at Atlantis? Someone on our roll call mentioned that their boss was just there and some pools and restaurants were closed. Does anyone know anything about which ones and when they will re-open??? I am sure it's just for yearly maintenance but would just like to prepare myself to what is closed before I go.

Does anyone know anything about pools being closed at Atlantis? Someone on our roll call mentioned that their boss was just there and some pools and restaurants were closed. Does anyone know anything about which ones and when they will re-open??? I am sure it's just for yearly maintenance but would just like to prepare myself to what is closed before I go.

At the moment, Atlantis is a ghost town, with exception of the cruise shio tours. They have closed the beach towers and the area pools surrounding it. Occupancy rates are down to 25% (not down 25%.. but TO 25%)

MANY of the restuarants are closed for months (not rotation like off season). There is word that these dates will be extended, since the situation is worsening..

Here's a partial listing:

Cafe Martinique closes September 1st-29th

Bahamian Club closes September 15th-October 5

Casa D Angelo October 6th-26

Chop stix closes October 27th-November 16

The Cafe closes December 1-21st

Water's Edge September 2nd -October 31

Cave Gril September 2nd-october 31

Beach Bar September 2nd-October 31

Voyagers September 2nd-October 31

Village Creamery August 25th-September 14

Carmine's closed Sun-Mon-Tues

Chopstix closed thurs-fri-sat and mon

Casa D'Angelo closed thurs -fri sat

Seafire closed tues-wed-thurs

Murrays deli closed at night starting at 3 on Sun-Mon-Tues-Wed

Atlantis Bar and grill closed for lunch the same days as Murray;s

Junkanoo at Marina Village on Fri/Sat evenings will also be discontinued.

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147417-i131-k2224646-More_closing_for_Atlantis-Paradise_Island_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

We'll be in Nassau on 10/11/08, and have a room booked at Comfort Suites-about $185 total for 2-so as to have access to Atlantis. Now with all the reports of it being like a ghost town and a lot of it closed, I'm not sure it is worht the $. Would like opinions. Perhaps, I will cancel at Comfort Suites and do day pass at Wyndham/Sheraton. Thoughts????????

At the moment, Atlantis is a ghost town, with exception of the cruise shio tours. They have closed the beach towers and the area pools surrounding it. Occupancy rates are down to 25% (not down 25%.. but TO 25%)

MANY of the restuarants are closed for months (not rotation like off season). There is word that these dates will be extended, since the situation is worsening..

Here's a partial listing:

Cafe Martinique closes September 1st-29th

Bahamian Club closes September 15th-October 5

Casa D Angelo October 6th-26

Chop stix closes October 27th-November 16

The Cafe closes December 1-21st

Water's Edge September 2nd -October 31

Cave Gril September 2nd-october 31

Beach Bar September 2nd-October 31

Voyagers September 2nd-October 31

Village Creamery August 25th-September 14

Carmine's closed Sun-Mon-Tues

Chopstix closed thurs-fri-sat and mon

Casa D'Angelo closed thurs -fri sat

Seafire closed tues-wed-thurs

Murrays deli closed at night starting at 3 on Sun-Mon-Tues-Wed

Atlantis Bar and grill closed for lunch the same days as Murray;s

Junkanoo at Marina Village on Fri/Sat evenings will also be discontinued.

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147417-i131-k2224646-More_closing_for_Atlantis-Paradise_Island_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

WOW!!! I figured maybe 2-4 places closed but this is a HUGE list of closed things!!!!! I tried to search their site but couldn't find anything. I may have looked in the wrong place though.

I will only be there 1 day so I shouldn't be affected too much by all the closures. But I feel really bad for anyone flying in and staying for a few days. Spend all that money and not many places to eat at now.

Thanks!!

As the years have gone by, they have gotten a bit greedy..............

A bit???? Kerzner is the king of Greed.

Nothing on this property is worth what he's getting $$.

And yet there is always a string of tourist dying to see what all the hub bub is about.

Just out of curiosity I tried booking a beach tower room for later this month and it showed it available.

I agree that people are looking to save and some are just not leaving the states... period. Atlantis has been pumping out some tv ads here. I get mailings at least once a week about the place. I guess Charleston is close enough to some but $550 for airfare alone makes it hard for 4 to go.... not to mention the room. I'm surprised that the excursion price has not dropped.

Just out of curiosity I tried booking a beach tower room for later this month and it showed it available.

I agree that people are looking to save and some are just not leaving the states... period. Atlantis has been pumping out some tv ads here. I get mailings at least once a week about the place. I guess Charleston is close enough to some but $550 for airfare alone makes it hard for 4 to go.... not to mention the room. I'm surprised that the excursion price has not dropped.

Beach tower is accepting reservations and moving guests to the coral towers (which is fine for some, but disappointing for others, since it's not on the beach and there are no balconies at the coral towers).

Some excursion prices have been cut.. however I haven't seen the cruise ships pass along the savings to it's passengers.

Is this just a noramal for this time of year? or do you think it is due to the economy? I know we looked at flying to Atlantis for a week and airfaire was beyond crazy from DFW it was over $700 a person.......:eek:

Is this just a noramal for this time of year? or do you think it is due to the economy? I know we looked at flying to Atlantis for a week and airfaire was beyond crazy from DFW it was over $700 a person.......:eek:

Most of the pools and slides seem to be open (and yes, some get closed for normal maintenance this time of year).. but this is not normal for the season. this is due to the economy. Atlantis seems to have taken more of a hit then other resorts in the area. Atlantis usual runs around 77% capacity, even in the off season. it's down to 25% this season.

Hopefully things will start to pickup soon.

Most of the pools and slides seem to be open (and yes, some get closed for normal maintenance this time of year).. but this is not normal for the season. this is due to the economy. Atlantis seems to have taken more of a hit then other resorts in the area. Atlantis usual runs around 77% capacity, even in the off season. it's down to 25% this season.

Hopefully things will start to pickup soon.

That seems to be the hope in many places. I guess people still going to Nassau are looking more for value than glitz. I wonder what the Comfort Suites capacity is?

• 2 weeks later...

But do any of us mind that the expensive restaurants are closed? Most of us ate at the small pool side snack bars. And being moved from Beach to Coral is an upgrade.

When I book Atlantis, I pay more for Coral Tower than I do for Beach...so when they move me, I consider it a blessing. :D

But you say the pools, slides and lazy river is still open? Sounds like all is good. :D

We were at Atlantis last week 10/07. We went through Comfort inn and it was well worth it. We had a blast. All the slides and the lazy river are all open. It was not a ghost town but it was not too crowded either. I only saw one or two restaurant's closed. We ate a big breakfast on the ship and I had a soft side cooler that I packed a couple of sandwiches and some water and soft drinks. They have lockers near the lazy river ,so we just stored everything in there . There are stores close to the peir that you can buy snacks and drinks to take with you. Then you can get a taxi and head on over. It was a great time and I would do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

As I was reading I was getting nervous. I am leaving on Sunday and have the Comfort Inn and Suites booked. I dont much care about the restaurants I just wanted to make sure the slides and the lazy river were open.

Thanks poolhalljunkie you have eased my fears

As I was reading I was getting nervous. I am leaving on Sunday and have the Comfort Inn and Suites booked. I dont much care about the restaurants I just wanted to make sure the slides and the lazy river were open.

Thanks poolhalljunkie you have eased my fears

I believe the lazy river is closed for maintenance, but the current/rapids are still open. Those pools near the Beach towers are also closed.

OOOOHHH I dont know what to do. Scubagirl, still think it is worth it for my family to go, I am paying about 168 dollars a night for the Comfort Suites. It is 30% chance of rain for Monday.

I have until four today to cancel my reservation without penalty.

Too much to think about, help! :eek:

OOOOHHH I dont know what to do. Scubagirl, still think it is worth it for my family to go, I am paying about 168 dollars a night for the Comfort Suites. It is 30% chance of rain for Monday.

I have until four today to cancel my reservation without penalty.

Too much to think about, help! :eek:

At that rate, you probably will find enough to make it worth your while. Even if you just use it to relax after roaming around atlantis, or taking a "REAL" shower.

Archived