Please help....just booked flight

hokalier

My thought is that you should do a search on this board as this topic gets beaten to death regulalry on a weekly basis.

What did your TA advise you to do, or what did the fine print say in your brochure? That's the way to solve it. If their advice is, and I'm sure it is, to not book it after noon, then you have your answer.

Eveyone here has their own opinion. If you don't make it you forfeit your right to complain.

I pesonally would not. I've seen immigration snafus, traffic snafus, you name it and have also seen people not even off the ship by 11 am if any of the above occur.

Can I make an 11:15 flight out of Miami? I figure I will need to be at the airport by 10:00 at the latest. What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

We were at the Miami airport about 9:15 AM after our last cruise. We had luggage tags for the second group off (didn't do the "carry your own" thing), went through customs and immigration quickly, got our luggage and moved it to the EZ Check area and took a cab to the airport.

I don't know if your cruise line offers EZ Check (where you leave your checked luggage at the port and the next time you see it is at your home port & they give you your airline boarding pass for about $15.00pp), but we love it! All we have is our carry on which means we only have to go through security at the airport, not through the check in line. The security line was pretty long, but it moved quickly.

Of course it also depends on the ship docking on time and being cleared by customs quickly.

After our next cruise our flight is at 11:25 AM (FLL, not MIA), and I don't think we'll have any problem making it. BUT we're retired :) and if we miss a flight it's not terribly important.

If you have to be home the same day you probably want to check for a later flight.

As Gathina pointed out, if you refuse the cruise-line recommendations you forfeit the right to whine afterward.

You will most likely make it but might not. We docked once on the Carnival Victory and some snag with immigration made it so the first people did not get off the ship till just after 10am:eek:. We were only flying out the next day so we were relaxed and had a good laugh watching all the stressed out people who were going to miss their flights.

Not a nice way to end a vacation.

Carnival kept making their announcements explaining it was an immigration problem and that people who had booked air with Carnival would be fine.

Did you check your cruise-line's recommendation before booking?

LOL..I'd be right there laughing with you.

I think people get so caught up in the cruise they don't bother to read any of the material they are given about flight times. That's why you see this post no less than 1x per week on the thread!

When I dated the NCL guy, I used to pick him up by 8 every Sunday. One time there was the Miami marathon, an accident at the port entry AND an immigration snafu with some security thing..guess what..people weren't let off until 11 am.

As Gathina pointed out, if you refuse the cruise-line recommendations you forfeit the right to whine afterward.

You will most likely make it but might not. We docked once on the Carnival Victory and some snag with immigration made it so the first people did not get off the ship till just after 10am:eek:. We were only flying out the next day so we were relaxed and had a good laugh watching all the stressed out people who were going to miss their flights.

Not a nice way to end a vacation.

Carnival kept making their announcements explaining it was an immigration problem and that people who had booked air with Carnival would be fine.

Did you check your cruise-line's recommendation before booking?

LOL..I'd be right there laughing with you.

I think people get so caught up in the cruise they don't bother to read any of the material they are given about flight times. That's why you see this post no less than 1x per week on the thread!

When I dated the NCL guy, I used to pick him up by 8 every Sunday. One time there was the Miami marathon, an accident at the port entry AND an immigration snafu with some security thing..guess what..people weren't let off until 11 am.

In a case like that even 1230 flights would be in jeopardy. Another reason to hang out for an extra day after the cruise if possible.

Can I make an 11:15 flight out of Miami? I figure I will need to be at the airport by 10:00 at the latest. What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

A few weeks ago they didn't even start debarkation until 9:30 and then we stood in line for over an hour trying to get through Customs. The Customs lines at Port of Miami always seem to be short-staffed. They had 3 workers processing over 1800 passengers. It was a nightmare.

I would look for a later flight. Do you want to spend the entire cruise worrying about making your flight. Nowadays, it's not an automatic that they will switch you to a later flight if you miss it. I'd err on the side of caution and book a later flight.

Archived