The TRUTH on Royal Caribbean Spa Services...

Thanks all for the posts, above. I'm planning on treating my sweetie (DW) to some treatments.

I have heard on other posts that if you wait a few days into the cruise, the spa treatments are offered at discount prices just to fill up their day.

Is this true? Have you found this to actually happen on RCI cruises?

I would appreciate your feedback...

Grandeur of the Seas

05-31-04

FYI - If Steiner is operating the spa, skip their onboard sales pitches. You can buy a lot of their products online at www.timetospa.com when you get home.

Kelly

My Cruise Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/kfrancis5

Cruise Critic Partae Pirates Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Carnival Miracle 02/13/05

Sovereign of the Seas, Cabin #4057 - 9/21/03

Brilliance of the Seas, Cabin #8670 - 11/09/2002

Paradise, Cabin E194 - 09/01/2001

Atlantic, 12/1991

I avoid the sell by saying that my spa at home sells me Elemis and I have plenty. This usually stops them quickly. One did offer me a 20% on anything if I wanted a product since I was a repeat customer. So I grabbed a bottle of the milk bath - one of the few reasonably priced products and you can use it in your bath or as a non greasy but lovely body moisturizer.

I always get a massage which has never been bad. I am very specific on what pressure I like because I can take pretty deep pressure. Sometimes massage therapists can start out too soft on women until they find out what you can take. I've had a hot stone but not on a ship - they are really cool.

Century 99-00

Rhapsody 11/00

Rhapsody 10/01

Infinity 2/02

Millennium 11/02

Millennium 11/03

Rhapsody 11/04

DH and I always get one massage each while on a cruise...it's vacation!!

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000

they usuaully post spa specials in teh compass for that day.. They are usually during diner hoiours so if you are willing to skip dinner you can get a great deal.. On my last cruise I signed hubbie up for a last minute massage at 7:00 it was advertised in the compass and a great deal!

I've never had a massage before so I'm curious about a few things. When you have a massage what do you wear? Are you nude with towels? Also, if you have a relaxing spa bath do you wear a suit? I know it seems silly but it's all knew to me. Thanks

It's easier if you're nude or at least wearing underwear if you're modest. They keep you covered with a sheet or light blanket at all times so you're not just hanging it all out there icon_smile.gif

I would wear a bathing suit in a spa bath, unless I was totally alone. I've never done that in a spa before, so I'm guessing you're nude if you're alone. Bathing suit in a jacuzzi in the spa.

Navigator of the Seas 5/1/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived