How long are the tendering trips?

UKCruiser_2008

Grand Cayman is a hop skip and a jump. Id say you could return in 20 minutes, usually no waiting to get on a tender unless its one of the first or last of the day. No much harder than some places that you have to walk a long pier to get back to the ship.

I seem to remember Belize had the longest tender, and the boats went faster to do it.

Returning to the ship for lunch will be no problem at all. It's just a very short tender. However, you may find yourself enjoying the island so much, you may choose to eat there instead. Have a fabulous cruise.

Total time will depend a lot on how many people are waiting to tender. I'd say the tenders I've been on hold around 200 people. The ride itself isn't much longer than about 5 minutes usually but it takes longer to get every on and situated. If your time in port isn't long, I'd probably skip getting back on board. You may be too busy having fun to notice hunger.

It's not very long, but they don't always have one constantly running. There might be a wait for it which would cut into your time getting back on and going back to GC. Depending on when the ship leaves, you might not have time to go back after you eat.

Keep in mind that in the morning that NOTHING food related is open in Grand Cayman. The only food we were able to find around 9:00 was at some gift shop and they were some nasty hot dogs. It seemed like every restaurant or food place opened after 10:30, so bring some food with you for the morning if you think you'll get hungry.

Archived