Eliminate Fuel Supplement For New 2010

horsemen

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Feed=PR&Date=20081010&ID=9258225&Symbol=CCL

MIAMI, Oct. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six brands of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) -- Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn -- have announced that effective October 31, 2008, the existing fuel supplement will be eliminated for all new bookings on 2010 departures. At that same time, a price increase on 2010 sailings will become effective. Additionally, the company has established specific guidelines under which the current fuel supplement may be reimbursed to consumers for 2008 and 2009 voyages.

I read that if the price of the barrel stabilizes at 70.00 or less they will consider refunding the surcharge on cruises in 2008 and 2009. I think it is pretty iffy.:confused:

I am not counting on that happening with my two cruises booked with Carnival. When Carnival instituted the fuel surcharge, they, like me, never imagined that oil would be trading below $80 a barrel like it was today. The market is so volatile who know at this point?

Im happy they are eliminating the fuel surcharge on 2010 cruises. One big reason I havent booked into 2010 with any cruiseline. Im for sure waiting until after Oct 31st to book.

Not having the fuel included, makes the price look deceptively lower than it really is, hard to compare it to previous years.

Yea for Carnival doing this much.

Im happy they are eliminating the fuel surcharge on 2010 cruises. One big reason I havent booked into 2010 with any cruiseline. Im for sure waiting until after Oct 31st to book.

Not having the fuel included, makes the price look deceptively lower than it really is, hard to compare it to previous years.

Yea for Carnival doing this much.

The way I read it, they will continue to charge the fuel supplement up to the end of October then roll it into the 2010 prices, so any comparison using the price today would be moot without considering the surcharge.

The way I read it, they will continue to charge the fuel supplement up to the end of October then roll it into the 2010 prices, so any comparison using the price today would be moot without considering the surcharge.

This is how I understand it as well.

But if by chance I get an obc, great.:)

CCL says that if oil closes at under $70 a barrell for 25 days straight, then they'll give bak the fuel surcharge in the form of an obc for upcoming cruises.

Oil today closed at a 13 month low of $77. I can't recall the last time we had 25 straight days of sub $70 oil, but I really doubt it will happen. Of course, if it does, I'll be happy as I am cruising in Dec!

Additionally, the company has established specific guidelines under which the current fuel supplement may be reimbursed to consumers for 2008 and 2009 voyages.

Am I understand it right then, that our cruise in February 09, which has been booked since January of this year, they will refund the fuel supplement charges for it? I'm confused! :confused:

Am I understand it right then, that our cruise in February 09, which has been booked since January of this year, they will refund the fuel supplement charges for it? I'm confused! :confused:

Only under a certain set of circumstances, which seems to be oil under $70 PB for at least 21 days.

Ok, So am I better off booking a 2010 now before the price increase with the fuel supplement being returned or wait till the price increase of an unknown amount with no fuel supplement. It it just me or is it a crap shoot?

Im waiting. Im guessing they will have a hard time raising prices on 7 day cruises almost $70 across the board.

Archived