NCL or Princess?

Jfultz81

We are looking at booking one of these, but can't decide which one.

NCL Pearl Itin -

Seattle

Inside Passage

Juneau 2:00-10:00 pm

Skagway 7:00-9:00

Glacier Bay

Ketchikan 6:00-1:30

Victoria B.C. 6:00-11:59 pm

Seattle

Princess Star Itin -

Seattle

Sea Day

Ketchikan 6:30-4:30

Tracy Arm Fjord 6:00-10:00 am

Juneau 1:30-10:00pm

Skagway 6:00-5:00

Sea Day

Victoria B.C. 5:00-11:59 pm

Seattle

I like the fact that NCL does Glacier Bay, but we can only afford an inside, which on NCL is $200 more per person. NCL has the newer ship, and we like newer ships.

Princess spends more time in the ports, but doesn't do Glacier Bay.

The reason that NCL is so much more is because NCL wants $336 for taxes and fees to Princess' $227.. and then a slight difference in room price.

Is the extra cruise ship tax included in this or is that separate as well? If its separate, how much is it?

Is Glacier bay worth that much more money? Will we be happy with the Star?

We love RCL, but the itinierary for the Serenade (we have to do a RT vs. one way) is pretty crappy, imho.

Help!!!! We don't think HAL is in the running because we are in our late 20's and just aren't sure we would enjoy them.

The Pearl is a "new" ship too, with plenty available. It doesn't sound like it matters what itinerary and the ship is what is important to you??? Definately Glacier bay is a far better glacier itinerary and well worth the slight extra cost.

Rates can and do change, perhaps keep track of pricing trends yourself. HAL overall has a superior itinerary compared to both. BUT you need to realize now, that the passenger demographics are going to be similiar on all 3 lines. No party ships with young passegers sailing Alaska.

The itinerary is what matters most to us, which is why we can't decide whether its better to spend the extra $$ to see Glacier Bay (NCL Pearl) or have more time in Ketchikan (Star Princess).

We are not party type people, but we enjoy having a lot of activities and aren't sure that HAL would have as much stuff to do during the day. I know that watching scenery is what Alaska is all about, but my DH is a restless sort who doesn't like to stay still for very long.

We are not party type people, but we enjoy having a lot of activities and aren't sure that HAL would have as much stuff to do during the day. I know that watching scenery is what Alaska is all about, but my DH is a restless sort who doesn't like to stay still for very long.

NONE of the Alaska cruise ships are "loaded" with activites. Way less than compared to the Caribbean. I then suggest you might want to look at more ports/more time in ports, compared to sea days and scenic sailing?? Seattle is the LEAST scenic of the itineraries, again, if important, then perhaps look at other itineraries.

when family went in '06, we had niece and her hubby...they liked the ship (ncl star) but wish there was more for their ages/activities. they were happy to be with the family, but would have loved the rock climbing and bowling alley (NCL pearl).

they enjoyed alaska, it was just the lack of physical activity on a cruise ship to alaska. BUT they do a lot of hiking, camping and such. we went the year before the pearl came out...they would have had a great time on her.

Archived