HH Guarantee assigned D - 11/01/08 - Oosterdam

jjb415

I know that many people like to know what others are being assingned for Guarantee Cabins so I'm posting my details here. :)

I reserved a Guarantee HH (Obstructed View) cabin on the November 1, 2008 sailing of the Oosterdam to the Mexican Riviera and yesterday was assigned cabin 1030, a category D (Unobstructed Oceanview). This is about 2 1/2 weeks before departure.

I'm very happy with the assignment.

Happy sailing to everyone.

Awesome! I am also on an HH gty for this sailing and am eagerly awaiting my cabin assignment!

Question - how far out did you book? I booked on 9/15, and the sailing went on waitlist status 2-3 days later, so am guessing I will be one of the last to get my cabin assignment. I would assume they are done on a date-booked basis .......

Awesome! I am also on an HH gty for this sailing and am eagerly awaiting my cabin assignment!

Question - how far out did you book? I booked on 9/15, and the sailing went on waitlist status 2-3 days later, so am guessing I will be one of the last to get my cabin assignment. I would assume they are done on a date-booked basis .......

I booked this saiing on August 1, 2008. Good luck with the assignment, I hope you get a great cabin. In January, I was assigned a Category VD with a Obstructed Guarantee on the Oosterdam, so there is hope for a great upgrade. There seems to be some discussion on the process for assigning guarantee cabins, so, maybe others can add some thoughts on that matter.

Good luck again and see you at the Wave - 3pm on November 1, 2008. :)

In some ways I am actually hoping for an obstructed view cabin on deck 4 over standard oceanview on deck 1 - I know, wierd right ....... I like being above the public rooms and closer to the pool deck :D Regardless of which cabin we finally end up in it is going to be a great cruise!

Mom and I will be there at 3 waving our arms off - drinks in tow! See ya then!

I know that many people like to know what others are being assingned for Guarantee Cabins so I'm posting my details here. :)

I reserved a Guarantee HH (Obstructed View) cabin on the November 1, 2008 sailing of the Oosterdam to the Mexican Riviera and yesterday was assigned cabin 1030, a category D (Unobstructed Oceanview). This is about 2 1/2 weeks before departure.

Congratulations on your upgrade!!

Enjoy!!

You should receive an assignment real soon. We are also on the Nov. 1 sailing and received our room assignment this last Monday. So did my friends we are sailing with. In fact, we both got offered to buy an upsell room. My friend took it and I didn't. Her deal was better. She got offered to upsell from a Cat. D to a VA balcony midship for only $159.00 per person. I have an SS category and they wanted me to pay $459.00 per person to upsell to an SC category and it didn't mean that much to me so I stayed in my SS category and kept the additional $900.00.

Hope you find out soon. Someone is getting my friends previous category D outside window room.

HRUMPH!!!!!!!!!:mad: - another day w/o a cabin assignment ........

I know I'll get one, but the waiting and pontificating all the "what if's" of what cabin/category I will finally get is killing me! :D I was never very good w/ the whole waiting thing ........ I wanna know NOW!!!!! Understandably, this is only the 2nd gty cabin I have ever had out of 23 previous cruises!

• 2 weeks later...

Update.........

I checked again today (3 days before departure) and my assignment has changed to a Category VA Balcony Cabin 8123. Needless to say, I am elated. I don't want to jinx my assignment however!! :D . Anything would be just fine.

Happy Sailing to all !!!

Update.........

I checked again today (3 days before departure) and my assignment has changed to a Category VA Balcony Cabin 8123. Needless to say, I am elated. I don't want to jinx my assignment however!! :D . Anything would be just fine.

Happy Sailing to all !!!

I got assigned an "H" fully obstucted last week, booked an HH ...... maybe I need to go check the HAL website and see if the upgrade fairy tapped me as well :D ......

Archived