seeking shoe color suggestions

Cerinda

Two formal nights (January, Veendam), two cocktail dresses, both just a bit below the knee:

1) black jersey, off the shoulder, natural waist, fairly straight skirt, fairly high slit

2) solid blue chiffon --not quite teal, not quite turquoise-- deep draped v-neck, natural waist, flowing gored skirt

I only want to take a single pair of heels, but the blue looks best with the silver strappy sandals and the black looks best with the black closed-toe slingbacks.

I found a pair of PLATINUM pointy-toed slingbacks with rhinestone detail: do you think they'd do for both?

Or would you suggest taking just one of the dresses (eek! WHICH one?), the appropriate shoe, and two sets of very different accessories?

TIA, ladies.;)

Hubby and I went on a 7-night Mariner in September and did carry-ons only. I tried a new attack by buying light-weight sundresses. It made packing so easy! Roll 'em up and stuff them in, no worries!

I did a lot of end of summer shoppping, found great deals and never looked better on a cruise! All the dresses had some black in them, so I lucked out with shoes. I even had room for 2 full length formals.

We are crusing on B2B in February and I'm looking for more sundresses. We'll likely check at least a garment bag, but still, I love how easy my packing went, not having to worry about what goes with what, how many times I can re-wear those pants or that skirt and how to cut down on the shoes.

Has anyone else tried this? I'd love to hear from you if you did!

I'd take the platinum or the silver to wear with both.

I do the same - one pair of really pretty silver shoes to go with a black & silver dress and a pink & cream dress :)

Next cruise I've got a new black dress with lots of 'diamonte' detail on the bodice and intend just wearing the same silver shoes with it again :) I hate taking too many pairs of shoes too!

Archived