Great Stirrup Cay what are my chances?

Adkmom

So what is the chance we will really dock at Great Stirrup cay. We skipped it on the Dawn and it looks like more Cruises skip it than make it. We are going on a short SKY and only have Nassau and GSC. Will we get to go?

So what is the chance we will really dock at Great Stirrup cay. We skipped it on the Dawn and it looks like more Cruises skip it than make it. We are going on a short SKY and only have Nassau and GSC. Will we get to go?

no one docks at GSC its a tender port. I have made it on every cruise I was supposed to(three)...I would think you have a 90% chance of making it depednding on the time of year.

I have been on two NCL cruises and have been there twice, but were removed one of those times due to interesting seas. I have video of the tendering operation....I get seasick watching it!:eek: That was a December cruise. I did love GSC...it was totally the reason we booked another cruise. I don't really to care to go on shopping excursions and this past cruise we needed some R&R!

A lot depends on the time of the year. We have missed the private island twice on RCI and once on NCL plus on HAL they did tender, but called everyone back before noon that day because of weather conditions. all these sailing were late November to the first week of December. We have done NCL in April and had no problems.

Nita

We have gone to GSC three times and made it a shore all three times. It is a tender Island therefore very dependent on the seas. Any sign of rough seas/weather and you will skip it. We went Dec, Jan & Aug. Last cruise - Dec a weather front was expected later in the day. As we arrived at GSC the weather was nice but the captain did announce that if the weather turns bad, we will leave early, not to worry they would make annoucements on the Island, and not leave anyone behind. As it turned out the front never came and it was a beautiful day.

It really just depends on the weather as others have said. We went in March, which is normally very good weather and although we didn't have one day of rain, the seas were rough and we had to skip GSC. I was disappointed, but hope to get there another time.

CG

We were on the last cruise 10/17-10/20 and the ship just sat anchored off the island once they announced the bad weather. Some early birds made it and were turned back after arriving at the island. We were eating breakfast and heard the announcement. The ship stayed anchored and a few shipboard activities were added. We did not go back to Nassau.

Archived