Taking wine on board

brio

I'm sure I have read somewhere on the Princess web-site that you are allowed to take 2 bottles of wine (or Champagne) on board. Can somebody tell me where it is as I would like to print it off.

Thankyou.

I'm sure I have read somewhere on the Princess web-site that you are allowed to take 2 bottles of wine (or Champagne) on board. Can somebody tell me where it is as I would like to print it off. Thankyou.

IIRC, information about "one bottle per person" is in the Cruise Answer Book that you receive prior to your sail date. No one will question your having one bottle per person when you embark the ship. If you have more than this in carry-on bags, it could be confiscated and returned to you on the final day of your cruise.

Many passengers pack wine in their "checked" bags without a problem, and some put luggage tags on a cases of wine that are delivered to their staterooms. The Passenger Contract doesn't say anything about how many bottles of wine and/or Champagne can be brought onboard - only that it's allowed.

Cheers!

Chris

ETA: Official Statement on Princess website

Bringing Alcohol Onboard

CUSTOMER SERVICE

We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop or at ports of call will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A member of our Security Staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your alcoholic beverage purchases.regarding alcohol brought onboard:

<cough> 6 bottles :o two in each of our carry ones and two in a small hard sided case I have turned into our wine carrier.

I did notice that they take a lot harder line with hard liquor over wine, the bottles of hard liquor were lined up whilst the people with wine were just waved through.

For Hubby's 45th high school reunion cruise, we had the party suite. We took a whole case of wine on board and not only did they not care, they were very helpful in carting it to our suite. That is one of the reasons that I like Princess. They actually treat people like intelligent adults.

The wine confiscation on NCL was just way to Mickey Mouse for me. :rolleyes:

Archived