What to wear to entertainment events

imanewcruiser

I'll be taking my first cruise next month. It'll be on board the Emerald Princess. I'm wondering what I can wear to evening entertainment events (ie a comedian, shows, etc). Should I dress business casual, or can I wear jeans or capris? Also, can I wear capris in a dining room?

Thanks

The dress code for the evening will be posted in your Patter (the newspaper you receive each evening telling you about the next days events). The dress code generally will be business casual with the exception of formal nights.

As far as capris, I wore them several times on our last cruise with a nice top. There is a statement against shorts, but as long as the outfit looks nice, no one should mind capris.

There is a statement against shorts, but as long as the outfit looks nice, no one should mind capris.

The statement against shorts is for the dining room.

For entertainment on non-formal nights, shorts would be acceptable.

Yes, the suggested dress code will be printed in the Patter each day but it's for the dinning room only. There is no dress code outside of the dinning room other than casual.

There really isn't any dress code for the entertainment areas of the ship other than no bathing suits. In reality a lot of people stay dressed on formal evenings in the show lounge but again it isn't a requirement & you can change into more comfortable casual clothes after dinner.

Yes, the suggested dress code will be printed in the Patter each day but it's for the dinning room only. There is no dress code outside of the dinning room other than casual.

There really isn't any dress code for the entertainment areas of the ship other than no bathing suits. In reality a lot of people stay dressed on formal evenings in the show lounge but again it isn't a requirement & you can change into more comfortable casual clothes after dinner.

Perfectly said. I have changed a few times after formal dinners to capris or kackis and a top. Too cold for me for shorts at night :)

Archived