Hours at Miami Airport

tomtal

I would be very grateful for some help on this topic. Our cruise finishes in Fort Lauderdale at 7.00 am on a Saturday. We have transfers to Miami airport already included in our package which is from London Heathrow and back. However, our flight is not until 5 p.m on the Saturday. We do not know the time we will arrive at the airport but would assume that it will be before 10am (maybe not?) Assuming we will have to book into our return flight by, say, 2 pm, is it possible to (a) place our baggage for safe-keeping somewhere in the airport and take a taxi to, say, Ocean Drive (or other suggestions please) and return by taxi in time to collect our luggage and book into our homeward flight? There was a ship's tour on docking in Fort Lauderdale which went arount Fort Lauderdale but this has been cancelled by the shipping line and the only alternative they have is a trip to the Everglades which takes you back to Miami Airport. We have done this in the past so it is not an option we want this time. Also we do not wish to hire a car - can't get used to driving on 'the wrong side' - lol! Any help would be very much appreciated.

Baggage Checkroom / Storage

The Baggage Checkroom is located on Concourse E, Level 2 and is open from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. Storage charges are subject to baggage size. With proper identification (e.g., driver’s license, birth certificate, passport), affidavits can be obtained for $10 at the baggage checkroom. Other services, including notary services and baggage accessories, are also available. For more information call (305) 869-1163

I just found out that FLL has a lounge available for people to use, with internet service, etc. It doesn't look like there is a charge, but I'm trying to find out for sure. Maybe check the website for the Miami airport to see if they have something like that. I know a lot of newer/nicer airports have spas, etc. for people to use.

Archived