excursions Roatan & Belize

amd1234

We are booked on the Pearl the first week in Dec. We are active 60ish and I have been researching what to do in these ports. Someone recommended spending the day at a resort called Fins & Flippers. The web site looks beautiful. I assume they have a fee for a day pass. Has anyone been there? The other alternative would be to book a beach day with NCL.. We are not interested in taking an entire 8 hrs. to view ruins..

In Belize there are a few options that look interesting one being a water rafting .. Does anyone have a must see and or must do in any of these ports... No cave tubing for us!!:rolleyes: Thanks...

In Roatan, we love to hire a driver for the day. There are a lot of them right at the port area. We love Roatan Cab Tours and they have a web site (or did the last time I checked).

In Belize we have enjoyed both Alta Ha and Lamanai with the river tour. Make sure to stop by the pharmacy at the port area to pick up your Retin-A, and get a bottle of the cashew wine. It's a little sweet for us to drink, but is great to use in cooking with chicken!

Have a great time!

If you book ahead of time Fins and Flippers is $20 plus tax for as long as you want to stay there. They have their own boat that goes back and forth quite often. The place is beautiful. Food and drinks are very reasonably priced. Pool area is very pretty. We were there in Jan 08. As it turned out 8 of us booked together and we were the only ones there! I also would not want to spend all day to go and see the ruins. Long day on a bus is not for me! In Belize this year we did an NCL excursion to Bannister Island. Nice beach day. A couple of years ago we booked a private excursion and did the cave tubeing. Lots of fun. Cheaper and a lot less people than the ship's tour. We even got to go through 1 more cave than the ship one did.

I haven't been to Roatan, but we stopped in Belize last year on the Pearl. Just like you, I thought cave tubing wasn't what I wanted to do. (I figure I can float on a tube at the local water park :rolleyes: )

We tried ziplining in the Jungle. It was fantastic! This is the tour:

Tour Code: BZE_24

Lost World Canopy & Rappelling

Approximate Duration: 5 ½ hours Level 2, Age & Weight Requirements, Meal

Enter a cavernous tunnel which leads to a primeval rainforest encircled by crevassed rock walls more than 100-feet tall,

for your canopy tour of the Lost World Cave. There are five zip lines, ranging from 100-500 feet in length, taking you

across the fallen ceiling of this enormous pre-historic cave. Your internationally-trained guides will outfit you with your

helmet, harness and gloves and provide you with a detailed safety briefing. Soar from platform to platform like Tarzan and

Jane, high above the floor of the densely populated forest. Your last traverse takes you to a rock ledge protruding from the

side of the large tunnel-like entrance into the cave, ending with a rappel to the floor.

Note: Participants must be at least 8 years of age and weigh no more than 265 lbs. Wear comfortable clothing that you do

not mind getting a little dirty. Closed-toe shoes are recommended, although strap-on sandals are acceptable. We

recommend you bring a small backpack or fanny pack. This tour is not recommended for pregnant women.

It was a LOT of fun...and they also provide a meal. You also get a tour of the city and countryside with details from the guide during the bus ride. I would recommend this tour to anyone.

For Roatan, I would recommend Victor Bodden tours. They will customize the tour to include anything you want to do and I believe it is only $25pp, plus any admission fees, etc. for the whole day. I'm sure you can find their site if you do a search.

We had the best day with them and Roatan is a beautiful island. We went to the Iguana Farm, saw and held the monkeys, went to West End for lobster and beach/snorkeling and got a full tour of the island. They will also do zip lining if you want. I would highly recommend them.

Unfortunately for us, Roatan was a no-show for us due to some civil unrest (NCL opted for another sea day) though we had planned on going to Fins and Flippers due to all the positive comments on the boards. While Lamaini excursion is Belize is a full day, I would highly recommend it. It's not all day on a bus (about an hour drive inland each way) but after that the 25 mile trip upriver to the ruins is a blast (think Indy 500 on a glassy smooth river). The tour of the ruins isn't a easy stroll but as the site is fairly new in terms of excavation, it's not commercialized and gives you a good feel for what the culture might have been like.

We went to Roatan and Belize this past March. We loved Tabayana Beach! It was so beautiful! The snorkeling was amazing! In Belize we also did Bannister Island. It too was amazing! We love beaches and snorkeling! If you like this type thing then i would say both of those are a must!

In Roatan we did the dolphin swim and then to Tobanya beach. It was a perfect day. The dolphins were amazing and the water beautiful. The beach was great. Nice atmosphere, island music and very relaxed. They had lockers, bathrooms and showers. The bbq was good too.

In Beliz we opted for Altun Ha since it was a shorter excursion and the walking is fairly even and easy. The tour guide was great and it was very interesting.

Both islands are great, but Roatan stole my heart.

In Belize we did the snorkel & beach break, it was the best snorkeling we have seen. The reef was beautiful. The beach they took us to was awesome too but it was cloudy so we didn't get to enjoy it all that much.

No Roatan (I really wanted to do the snorkel & park with the monkeys).

Archived