What is RCL like?

Amolin

Was on only one Rccl but did not like the stations at lunch buffet.Hated that you could not eat outside.Hated that there were only 2 pools for 3000 guests.Hated that they were in your face all day hawking drinks-much more than HAL.

Liked the entertainment,dining room,beautiful ship.

Wow, that's a lot of hate issues. Have you seen a therapist? ;)

On RC, the Radiance class ships have an area behind the lido with tables outside to eat. It is very aft of the ship.

RC is our favorite cruiseline. We do like the others too. Have only been on HAL once, and their food was very good. RC has a very good past passenger program, but their itineraries are getting boring. We are straying again from RC. Doing the 30 day Ryndam in Jan to Hawaii and Tahiti. Looking forward to the great food on HAL. I don't care if they have servers around the pool for drinks, I can get my own. :D

I think you should try out RC and you might like it. We have been on 5 different cruiselines, and haven't had a bad cruise yet. :eek: Some we just liked more than others!

I like RCCL, but I think the cruise experience changes greatly depending on what ship you are on! Some specifics would help!

I agree with you. Splendor is the oldest in the fleet and carries about 2000 passengers. The newest ships carry about 4500. The Oasis, due in 2009, will carry about 5500. The older ships do not have the bells and whistles of the newer ships.

Regardless of ship, RCL is not known for their food.

Wow, that's a lot of hate issues. Have you seen a therapist? ;)

No, I hate therapists.

Ok,maybe a wee bit strong wording but I really like to take my food and sit outside and was very disappointed.I also found the constant walking around with the drink sales pitch very annoying at an already very crowded and noisy pool area.

Now I am more experienced and check out these things and others before I book any ship.

I like both Holland America and Royal Caribbean a lot. The things that are weaknesses for me on RCI are the cheap plastic plates & glasses in the buffet area, the huge housekeeping carts in the hallways that you have to squeeze past, and the lack of the nice, extended-hour Pasta/Taco/Pizza/Hamburger bars, like on HAL. RCI does have a great loyalty program, a diverse staff, & more casual atmosphere. Both offer great products IMHO and you can't go wrong with either, if you research your ship before booking. As an aside, I noticed the constant 'hawking' of drinks on the Eurodam last week. It was done in a friendly helpful fashion, but, there was always someone offering drinks in most areas of the ship.

Archived