Do suites usually book up this quickly?

jaw62901

We are booked in an AE suite on the Jan 9, 2009 S.Caribbean sailing on the Jewell and noticed a couple days ago that there were 3 AE suites still available and 3 or 4 AD suites available. I checked today and both categories are completely booked up. Is it common for these to book up faster than the balcony rooms, or is it more because the cost difference was only $200-$300 a room.

I actually am wondering if it has something to do with that month in particular. We are booked for 9 January 2010 and when I booked our cruise, there were still 4 AE's left. We opted for a mini suite and I told our PCC that I would hope for an upgrade. :D Now there are no AE's left according to the website.. Haven't looked at the AD's.

We are booked in an AE suite on the Jan 9, 2009 S.Caribbean sailing on the Jewell and noticed a couple days ago that there were 3 AE suites still available and 3 or 4 AD suites available. I checked today and both categories are completely booked up. Is it common for these to book up faster than the balcony rooms, or is it more because the cost difference was only $200-$300 a room.

I actually am wondering if it has something to do with that month in particular. We are booked for 9 January 2010 and when I booked our cruise, there were still 4 AE's left. We opted for a mini suite and I told our PCC that I would hope for an upgrade. :D Now there are no AE's left according to the website.. Haven't looked at the AD's.

Maybe it's because people are sick of cold weather like we are during the winter :cool: . We were actually thinking about going with a mini suite to start with, but decided to go with an AE because the difference at the time was only like $100 or so.

If you travel during "peak " times over holidays and want a CV or GV, book way ahead. You will be wont to find one 6 months out. Also, the slae and deposit specials don't apply to certain categories. We end up booking almost a year ahead for New Year's CV on Pearl/ Jewel. We did onece receive a tiny price adjustment ( 45 bucks!)

Kathy

We booked over a year out for our Pearl cruise. All the AD suites were gone. So we booked an AE.

We booked over a year out for our Pearl cruise. All the AD suites were gone. So we booked an AE.

You can never tell what's going to happen, though. (BTW - I mentioned some stuff in another thread you are posting on.)

This year for the Pearl's PC Repo, they changed the itinerary at the last minute and offered a last-minute cancellation just a few weeks before sailing. Evidently, several people in the suites took the offer, so there were some good upsells.

I thought we might get a call (we had booked an AD 14 months out), especially the last week before the cruise when we were the only AD left. Our friends next door to us went up to an A3. We never got a call though, and they took folks from AF's and gave them AB's and AC's. Our friends' AD was upsold to someone that had been in a BA.

You can just never tell with the Upsell Fairy.

Two things to remember, 1-the promo going on right now has caused serveral to upgrade, I have clients that have just done this and 2-there are not many suites on ships, so, yes they do sell out quicker than outside and balcony cabins. In most cases the price is more than $200 or so per person for an AE or better compared to a balcony. I just upgraded a client the other day, from an AF to an AE, it was more like $500 per person, still a great deal considering the OBC.

NIta

Archived