My cruise Consultant ROCKS!

theshireshihtzu

I did finally get the answer on our burning question Browniegirl....PCC I spoke with said it was on 2009 cruises. :( At least I didn't get an email that said I don't have the time to email you (this was a yes or no question) it would be better for you to call me. That didn't make me too happy yesterday, which is why I was going to extreme lengths to find out who to talk to. It took two calls today as the first person I spoke with told me the cruise was booked solid! Is there anyway you can change your dates at all?? In my case, I decided that my work would have to live without me for the week. ;)

I just called my TA who is going to call NCL for me this morning and re-enquire about the $600 obc........he doesn't think we'll get it but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Browniegirl

I did finally get the answer on our burning question Browniegirl....PCC I spoke with said it was on 2009 cruises. :( At least I didn't get an email that said I don't have the time to email you (this was a yes or no question) it would be better for you to call me. That didn't make me too happy yesterday, which is why I was going to extreme lengths to find out who to talk to. It took two calls today as the first person I spoke with told me the cruise was booked solid! Is there anyway you can change your dates at all?? In my case, I decided that my work would have to live without me for the week. ;)

Hi just got in and my TA had emailed me saying he contacted NCL and they told him that it was cruises to Europe and Bahamas that were getting the lattitudes obc's....cruise specific. He said he'll keep an eye out for anymore promotions that could apply to us. So I guess between us we have received our answers, oh well! I am happy to have the $300, no complaints but it didn't hurt to ask!

Browniegirl

Hi just got in and my TA had emailed me saying he contacted NCL and they told him that it was cruises to Europe and Bahamas that were getting the lattitudes obc's....cruise specific. He said he'll keep an eye out for anymore promotions that could apply to us. So I guess between us we have received our answers, oh well! I am happy to have the $300, no complaints but it didn't hurt to ask!

Browniegirl

Maybe I didnt read far enough through this, but I got and extra $100 for lattitudes member on my Western Caribbean and my New Englad Cruise for 2009. Plus I got the advertised $150 for each of those balcony cabins too. A total of $250 for each cruise for me! YEAH!

Are ya'll talking about a different promotion? Im assuming you all had suites...is that right?

Maybe I didnt read far enough through this, but I got and extra $100 for lattitudes member on my Western Caribbean and my New Englad Cruise for 2009. Plus I got the advertised $150 for each of those balcony cabins too. A total of $250 for each cruise for me! YEAH!

Are ya'll talking about a different promotion? Im assuming you all had suites...is that right?

Hi, that is weird isn't it.....I am going to have to assume that it is because it is a 2009 cruise then and mine is in 2010 that we didn't get the extra lattitude obc. NCL told my TA specifically that we didn't get it, BUMMER!;)

Hi, that is weird isn't it.....I am going to have to assume that it is because it is a 2009 cruise then and mine is in 2010 that we didn't get the extra lattitude obc. NCL told my TA specifically that we didn't get it, BUMMER!;)

Just for fun, I just called NCL direct (Im bored). I told them I have 2 cruises booked for 2009 and was wondering if the OBC's and the extra lattitude OBC was available for 2010 bookings. She said yes and that the sale ends today.

Not that Im trying to make you get all wound up and bummed about your TA, but its funny that different PCC's say different things. Wish it worked out for you.

EDIT: also she said it wasnt cruise specific. I asked that too.

Just for fun, I just called NCL direct (Im bored). I told them I have 2 cruises booked for 2009 and was wondering if the OBC's and the extra lattitude OBC was available for 2010 bookings. She said yes and that the sale ends today.

Not that Im trying to make you get all wound up and bummed about your TA, but its funny that different PCC's say different things. Wish it worked out for you.

Okay that is weird, would you mind if I forwarded this posting to my TA? He's a nice guy, and he knows I'm a pesky customer.......giggle.....I usually book on my own but might as well give somebody the business!

Browniegirl

Okay that is weird, would you mind if I forwarded this posting to my TA? He's a nice guy, and he knows I'm a pesky customer.......giggle.....I usually book on my own but might as well give somebody the business!

Browniegirl

I had a friend of mine use this type of info that I gave him yesterday. He went from 0 OBC to $200 OBC and finally got what I did $300. And now, he's happy! :D His TA is happy, My PCC is happy and I'm gonna hit him up for a drink on our cruise next November :D :D

called CAS today---NO more OBC for my cruise.:( ..so all I got is the $50 (inside)...for my 10/25/09 cruise...

also called NCL re: why.....was told.....the extra lattitudes OBC NOT combinable with CAS booked discounts......

I mentioned...CC thread.....and she said...those who got it (though booked thur CAS)...must have slipped in thru a loophole......the computers...will usually only show and allow valid discounts..

thanks to all who gave info.....and good for you who got some extras...!!!!

please keep posting with any news things for us to try...!!!

EVERY little bit counts.....:rolleyes:

...EDIT: also she said it wasnt cruise specific. I asked that too.

Has anyone actually RECEIVED a Latitudes OBC for a 2010 cruise? I booked today for 1/14/10 10 day Gem in a mini & received $200 OBC, which, of course, I think is great, but then I came to CC & found out there might be more!! ;)

And my reservation includes the Latitudes promo code mentioned previously on this thread, but I thought maybe that was because we had the cruise rewards certificate that we used for our deposit.

I guess I should just call and see what they say... :rolleyes:

It is a little weird between the PCC's because the one I was working with and referred to that I emailed her had no interest in doing anything it seems like. Probably just as well since my hubby went to the extent of calling her to tell her that we had changed our flight arrangements on the Sky only to be yelled at by one of the NCL reps at the airport that they were never told. She said there would be someone walking around to deal with us the whole morning....needless to say my hubby was less than happy. So of course the email thing happened yesterday. I thought I would save her some time by emailing her about the 2010 cruise that we were originally booked on just to find out if there were any possiblities of the Latitudes credit and possibly upgrading and while she took the time to tell me about an upgrade, she never answered the first question....only to say that it would be better for me to call her. That brings me to the desperation I was suffering today with because the first person I talked to told me the ship I was looking at was booked, but I could go on the Western Caribbean intinerary. I kept telling her I was looking for December 2009 but I am sure she was looking at December 2008. I called again and got another person and he got the room I wanted but told me about additional credits. He just said that it applied to the 2009 bookings. I changed the cruise. We would have liked to have been cruising for our 29th anniversary, but there is always 2011 when we will be married 30 years. :D We will be on the ship for my husband's 50th birthday though...that will be a party to him!

Browniegirl, you are right...at least we FINALLY got an answer. I think we were the only ones going nuts trying to find out what was really going on with 2010 bookings!

Has anyone actually RECEIVED a Latitudes OBC for a 2010 cruise? I booked today for 1/14/10 10 day Gem in a mini & received $200 OBC, which, of course, I think is great, but then I came to CC & found out there might be more!! ;)

And my reservation includes the Latitudes promo code mentioned previously on this thread, but I thought maybe that was because we had the cruise rewards certificate that we used for our deposit.

I guess I should just call and see what they say... :rolleyes:

Good luck, let us know how the call goes, I haven't gotten anywhere with it yet.....my TA is probably ready to ditch me.......giggle.... when I talked to NCL, they wouldn't talk to me at all, not even answer general questions....

Browniegirl

Good luck, let us know how the call goes, I haven't gotten anywhere with it yet.....my TA is probably ready to ditch me.......giggle.... when I talked to NCL, they wouldn't talk to me at all, not even answer general questions....

Browniegirl

...and I'm wondering if what M&MCruisin was told (to the general question if the Latitudes OBC was available for 2010 cruises) was just someone saying YES, that of course really didn't know and didn't want to check!! :eek:

p.s. islandgirlejfan, I LOVE your user name! I am a huge EJ fan for life :)

Hi, okay I finally got an answer. I spoke to my old cruise consultant at NCL and she looking up the promotion paperwork which states that it is for lattitude members booking between Oct 6th and Nov 15th, 2008, for 2009 select sailings. She said it is specifically for 2009 cruises (select ones she says) and not 2010 cruises. She said to keep an eye on the promotions though, because you never know when another one might come up for 2010 cruises!

Browniegirl

called CAS today---NO more OBC for my cruise.:( ..so all I got is the $50 (inside)...for my 10/25/09 cruise...

also called NCL re: why.....was told.....the extra lattitudes OBC NOT combinable with CAS booked discounts......

I mentioned...CC thread.....and she said...those who got it (though booked thur CAS)...must have slipped in thru a loophole......the computers...will usually only show and allow valid discounts..

thanks to all who gave info.....and good for you who got some extras...!!!!

please keep posting with any news things for us to try...!!!

EVERY little bit counts.....:rolleyes:

OMG---I just got a call from NCL...and a very pleasant and professional woman told me that I AM entitled to the extra OBC and will try to get it activated...when computers are working better (seems my particular sailing is not showing right now as eligible)

I am overwhelmed by the customer service of NCL...esp.the agent who just called..... now I can say "my cruise consultant rocks"....because she will be mine from now on....:D

thanks again to those on this thread...who helped.;) (esp my guardian angel )..I DO so appreciate your kindness.....

Maybe we should all get one of those (I know I have one-and I'm starting to suspect you have the same one)

:D I feel so good right now....I know $100 is not much to some (I see the OBCs amounts posted here...:eek: ) but it really is a great help :)

We booked an inside to save $---maybe in a few months...we will consider upgrading to a balcony !!!

:D I feel so good right now....I know $100 is not much to some (I see the OBCs amounts posted here...:eek: ) but it really is a great help :)

We booked an inside to save $---maybe in a few months...we will consider upgrading to a balcony !!!

"OUR" gardian angel just emailed me and said how good it made her feel to help you!!!

Oh goodness...Ive been so busy since I last posted. Sorry I havent responded.

I wonder if they offer different things for TA's and booking direct. Such as, the promotion for the latittudes OBC was select sailings through a certain time, but booking with NCL, no problem? Who knows.

I think I have been touched my an angel myself. I always have the best luck with NCL. I love them. And I love booking direct. I dont ever have to wait for an answer.

Im not sure if I posted it here, but for my upcoming cruise in the spring...I called them no less than 5 times about price drops and upgrades, etc. Each time, they were more than happy to help me and so far, my balcony has dropped $600 and I have $250 OBC.

I SAY MY PCC ROCKS TOO, but I really dont have one specific one...so I guess for me THEY ALL ROCK! YIPEE!

Hope others join in on the sales...only 2 hours left.

yes--I have to say...that NCL has great customer service.

..as you can see..I also cruise with Carnival (for military discount with them and NYC post of departure)and must say...NCL has it over them for customer service....and I love the Freestyle...

Yes-there is confusion with sales and offers...but I can attest that..they do right by their customers...

very refreshing......and they are winning me over ...

(wish there were more option sailing out of NYC... I am out of NCL options with NYC departures now....:rolleyes: ..done them all.......)

Well thanks! :) I actually have been giving up the concert going for cruising...I got spoiled standing at stages and now it's cruising in a suite!:p

I hear you! I can't even remember the last time I went to a concert....have to settle for watching EJ on television...and cruising beats concert going anyday for me!! ;)

I'd also say that I've been tremendously pleased with NCL's customer service & in dealing with the different reps, I've only had one experience where they "wouldn't" help me....and the next person did :) But the PCC I spoke to yesterday when I booked for 2010 seems like a keeper & he gave me his direct #, so we'll see how it goes!

yes--I have to say...that NCL has great customer service....

(wish there were more option sailing out of NYC... I am out of NCL options with NYC departures now....:rolleyes: ..done them all.......)

We agree, we'd love to see more sailings out of NYC, 10 day to the Caribbean, esp. :D

Archived