Advice for family of 4 on the Pearl

Kdiamond55

Hi everyone!!

I am trying to plan a 7-day cruise on the Pearl for March. It is myself, my husband and 2 kids 5 & 7. I don't think I feel comfortable with them in their own rooms, but I'd think about having adjoining rooms if that was the best plan.

Do you think a Mini Suite is large enough for a family of 4? Or should I try for the adjoining rooms? Difference in price is probably only about $500, not enough to sway me either way.

Help from those who have cruised with kiddies before!!! We've never taken them with us on a cruise yet.

Thanks!

There is one major advantage to adjoining rooms you can have a family vacation and an adult vacation. I always got a second cabin for the kids when they were growing up to get the most value from the cruise.

A second major advantage 2 bathrooms. :)

The mini suite will work fine. In fact a standard quad balcony may work better with a sofa bed and a Pullman so the kids don't have to share the larger sofa bed in the mini.

Mini suite is slightly larger than balcony, but is not a suite and not large. Two connecting balconies would work really nice.

The AB would be wonderful if the price jump does not kill you. It has a small bedroom, WONDERFUL master BR and bath. And you get lots of suite perks.

All depends on how much money you want to spend for sleeping arrangements.

We don't have kids, but have never stayed in anything on NCL less than a AE and I can tell you for us it was barely enough room for the two of us. If you can afford two connecting balcony rooms you will be much better off. Having the two bathrooms and the two balconies is the clincher. Hope you have a great cruise no matter which way you go.

We travel often with our kids (currently 6 and 10)........and often without. For anything over one night, we always get 2 rooms that connect. This provides plenty of room, security of watching them........and privacy and space for us when needed! We're on the Pearl in a couple of weeks and booked connecting balcony cabins. All classes of cabins offer this option, and it's cheaper than a suite with a separate bedroom. I love my kids to death, but i'd go crazy sharing a cruise ship cabin with them or any scenario involving 4 people!

Archived