Acapulco Rosie's or ???

dizmomof2

Has anyone used Acapulco Rosie's for tours or do you have some other tour guide you found really good for Alcapulco? My parents and their friends are going and wanted some one reputable to take them on a tour. (no beach day) :)

TIA

We visited in April and used Inez. She is the best...we loved her. We had our 22 years olds with us, and they had a blast, too. She took us where we wanted to go and was very nice. Her email is pinkladyaca@hotmail.com.

It ran us about $30-$40 each for the 4 of us. We were out about 3-4 hrs.

When you get above US$30 p.p., I think it's on the high side for such services for a group of 4 - from what people using the services tell me and/or from what I read. Cost sometimes depends upon the itinerary and if you weren't taken to the flea market or someone's home - and instead saw more of Acapulco naturally, that price might have been justified. Just a heads up to others - go ahead and bargain with the drivers - I'd zero-in on not more than US$25 p.p. for three or four hours for a group. Although, if a driver provides a service above and beyond what was promised or expected, a small gratuity is always appreicated.

A group of 10 were on a tour with Rosie in Acapulco. I can not say enough about her . The tour was fantastic. We met her at 10AM and she dropped us off at our ship at 5:30 (we were departing at 6PM). If the ship was leaving later, Rosie would have continued the tour. She set up our tour for us as we wanted to see the "main sights" as well as the divers. Upon request, she took us to her home to meet her parents and to see a Mexican home. The rate was $35 per person for the ten of us. I would not hesitate to recommend her.

Lee

We used Rosie during our day in Acapulco and thought her price was fair. There were seven of us and we did a couple of lookouts, the chapel on the top of the hill, a jewelry store (and the prices were good so we bought stuff), the cliff divers (we got there just in time to grab seats in the front row) and a restaurant on the beach (great food). We had a great time and recommend her.

We toured with Rosie last week and she was TERRIFFIC! She will tailor the tour to your interests. I told her that I am an Architect and she spent time researching local buildings and their Architects. She took us to interesting places that we would not have seen with another guide.

When I complimented her for doing her homework, she said that she enjoyed doing so. She told me that she had a tour group before us that was interested in sea turtles. She spent several hours researching them.

Rosie has an air-conditioned van and brought cold water and sodas for us. She is licensed. She has a sliding fee scale depending on the number of people on the tour. She will try to find others to go with you in order to keep the price down. In our case, she (and I) were not able to find others and she ended up charging us $50 pp for a 6+ hour tour for four of us. For the same amount that the cruise line charges, we got a private, tailored tour. She was so good that we gave her a $50 tip.

Rosie is knowledgeable, professional, ethical, and funny. I can not say enough good things about her and recommend her highly! :D

Rick

We debark in ACA the morning of 1/3/09, and have booked Rosie to provide a tour that ends at the airport around 12:30 (for a 3:15 flight). Not much time, but want to see what we can of ACA. Reading these posts, I feel good about having Rosie as our guide.

Other than the cliff divers (and we are not big on churches), given our short time frame, what one or two things would you suggest we see?

Thanks.

I have read many reviews on the Internet about Tour operators taking people to all of the flea markets and calling it a tour or excursion. I can buy the junk in the dollar store at home. I am not going to pay some unrealistic price to go shop for dollar items in Mexico.

I was talking about this to a friend that has been on several Riviera Cruises and he said he took Rosie a few years ago and the trip was a disaster. She sold more seats than she had on her 1 van then was arguing with another company about how much she was willing to sell her tour group to him for. Then she kept stoping at markets. Went to her parents house and there were more people waiting there to sell more junk!

Jane

We used Rosie in 2006, we joined a group from our ship. We saw all of the sights that Acapulco has to offer. We did go to a jewely store, but that was at the request of some of the group. Several items were purchased and we thought they were good prices. We also went to Rosie's parents house, but did not see any vendors as it is in a residential area. She took us there so that we could see the ship at night from the roof of the house. The pictures we took were beautiful.

We were in Acapulco on the November 7th and once again used Rosie. We booked her months in advance so as not to miss out. Her prices are as reasonable as most and much less expensive than the ships tours. She took us everywhere we asked (no flea markets) and we had another great trip. The air conditioning worked very well, she had soft drinks and water for us at no additional charge. We had a 91 year old woman and a man with a bad knee and she went out of way to make sure they had no problems getting in or out of the van. Another group in our Roll Call used a different guide. They said that the trip was not as enjoyable as the air conditioning in the van did not work and they had to purchase their drinks. Another group wanted to book with Rosie, but as we already had her booked, she set them up with another guide. They also said that they had a great time and would do it again.

Not everyone is going to be satisfied by the same tour, so by all means check around and find one that you feel meets your needs. We will continue to use and recommend Rosie as she has not disappointed us on either tour.

Tuscon Rick, Rosie talked about you on our tour. She had never given an architectural tour and sounded like she truly enjoyed it.

JanezDough: As I suggested earlier in this discussion, the opportunity to tour Acapulco can be had with more than just one person. I encourage you and others looking for a guide/driver to check the list I linked to view the possibilities. IMO, a guide taking you to his/her home, and to the same old flea markets, instead of taking you to visit many other areas is warning enough to look elsewhere. Lots of choices, and not everyone has the same interest.

My friends and I had a wonderful tour with Rosie a few weeks ago. As far as going to her parents home....we requested it! We were interested in seeing a typical Mexican home. At no time did anyone try to sell us "junk". Her parents were most delightful and took great pleasure in showing us their home. We also saw many sights and never went to a flea market. Rosie will taylor your tour to how you want to spend your time in Acapulco. We hope to return one day and will definitly contact Rosie again.

Lee

• 1 month later...
We debark in ACA the morning of 1/3/09' date=' and have booked Rosie to provide a tour that ends at the airport around 12:30 (for a 3:15 flight). Not much time, but want to see what we can of ACA. Reading these posts, I feel good about having Rosie as our guide.

Thanks.[/quote']

We used Rosie as planned, and can recommend her to all. She was very easy to work with, and provides a wonderful level of service. :)

Sounds like you have already made your decision, but just to echo what others have said--Rosie is the BEST! One of us was in a wheelchair, and she was more than accommodating. Our tour was everything we could have wanted and more. As others have said, she goes out of her way to make it a fantastic experience.

You'll love it!

My husband and I spent one week at the Mayan Palace last May and we used a very kind man named Ismael for all of our transportation needs during that week.

I found him on TripAdvisor and can't recommend him enough.

He offers a day tour of the city that is just wonderful.

He will take you to do anything you can think of and I have a ton of photos if you're so inclined.

His email is: "Ismael Silva" ismael_silva1772@yahoo.com

Best of luck!

We just returned from a cruise and for the 2nd time used a man named Joel Ramirez. He is fantastic. Such detail to everything (even helping the ladies out of the vehicle). He will take you anywhere you want to go AND he takes you to the cliff divers 1st before all the crowds get there. He always manages to get the best spot to view all.

We were with him for 7 hours and he wanted us to stay longer but some of the people that were with us were at early dinner and they wanted to get back to the ship.

His email is jorale_13@hotmail.com (there is a _ between the e & 13)

His cell # 044 74 41 05 50 92

You will absolutely love this tour guide! :D

We just returned from a cruise and for the 2nd time used a man named Joel Ramirez. He is fantastic. Such detail to everything (even helping the ladies out of the vehicle). He will take you anywhere you want to go AND he takes you to the cliff divers 1st before all the crowds get there. He always manages to get the best spot to view all.

We were with him for 7 hours and he wanted us to stay longer but some of the people that were with us were at early dinner and they wanted to get back to the ship.

His email is jorale_13@hotmail.com (there is a _ between the e & 13)

His cell # 044 74 41 05 50 92

You will absolutely love this tour guide! :D

Hi, Thanks for the info. Could you please tell me how much was your tour and where did you go? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

love crusn...how long were you with Rosie? how many ppl? what did you get to see? did you make it to the divers show? can i ask how much a shorter tour with her cost you? we really only want to see the cliff divers, so would be a 2 hour tour tops i think..thanks..glad you had a great time

• 3 weeks later...

Coral Princess :- FT LAUDERDALE . ACAPULCO 22ND MARCH - 4TH APRIL 2OO9:

We have just returned from Acapulco ( myself and wife ).We used the services of ' RUDY' TOUR BY VAN. I had

arranged this tour of Acapulco independantly on line before leaving the UK.True to his word 'Rudy' was waiting for us to

disembark at the port. He took us on a wonderfull tour of Acapulco.He speaks excellent english and what he doesn't

know about Acapulco probably isn't wodh knowing about.We stopped for lunch at a typical mexiacan restaurant (El

Zoritto - great food which Rudy recommended ) .At no time did he pressure us into anything not even the choice of the

restaurant as he says it's your tour you make the decisions he didn't take us to his 'friends shop or restaurant '- you

know what i mean.The transport provided is very clean and has air con and he also provides complimentary drinks. (I did

have transfers provided in my hoiday package provided by princess cruises to my hotel from the port which i decided not

to take up) Having corresponded with Rudy by email before leaving the UK he assured me that our luggage would be safe

in the transport provided and supervised whilst on the tour WHICH IT WAS ll this meant that instead of checking in at

our hotel we were able to go straight on a tour of Acapulco,or if you wanted he was prepared to take you to your hotel

first. Our particular tour lasted approx 7 hrs with no extra or hidden costs -he took us to some places that we had not

discussed in our itinary which was an interesting and pleasant supprise.There was another couple of cruise critic members

from the US with us on this tour. Rudy is a very informative tour guide and is very proud of his city and country he just

can't do enough for you and i would highly recommend his services if he isn't the top tour guide in Acapulco he's got to

be in the first 1 - YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG IN MY OPINION !!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the contact details for ' Rudy 'of Tour By Van Acapulco

http ://www.tourbyvan.com

info@tourbyvan.com

Has anyone used Acapulco Rosie's for tours or do you have some other tour guide you found really good for Alcapulco? My parents and their friends are going and wanted some one reputable to take them on a tour. (no beach day) :)

TIA

I posted this on her new website:

Fellow travelers - Rosie is a must if you want a great tour with a beautiful lady. Please note Rosie LOVES Pasteli, a Greek Sesame & Honey Candy! She cannot get this in Mexico so take her a treat when you visit. I took her a dozen or so bars and she ate almost all of them while we were on the tour.... You can buy these at any Greek Market.

Here's Rosie's website!

http://www.acapulcorosiestours.com/

• 3 weeks later...
I posted this on her new website:

Fellow travelers - Rosie is a must if you want a great tour with a beautiful lady. Please note Rosie LOVES Pasteli, a Greek Sesame & Honey Candy! She cannot get this in Mexico so take her a treat when you visit. I took her a dozen or so bars and she ate almost all of them while we were on the tour.... You can buy these at any Greek Market.

Here's Rosie's website!

http://www.acapulcorosiestours.com/

Nine of us from two diffrent ships toured with Rosie in mid April 2009. It was the best tour that we had on our 14-day cruise. The tour was originally scheduled to last about 5 hours, however, Rosie made sure that we saw all the sites that she had mentioned in her E-mails and it took close to 7 hours (traffic can be very heavy in Acapulco). She responds promptly to all E-mails. The van she uses is air-conditioned with a good sound system.

Chuck

Archived