Brits Dumped by Ocean Village !!!

I'm gutted and fuming :mad:

OV have dumped us Brits to make more profit in Australia...

So hubby and I have to find a replacement...

We love(d) OV..... will we like Thomson cruises.. ?? anyone been on OV but prefer Thomson ?

Help... I need to book something :eek:

Carrol

Well Thomsons is a little bit more formal with one dressing up night a week, not that I bothered as you can always use the buffet that night and 'formal' is for the dining room only, not the whole ship unlike some lines with lovely ships and too much formality.

I reckon the planners at Thomsons are tearing their hair out, everyone else is fleeing from 'casual' cruising and they are saddled with that Island ship that nobody wants? Or is it a wonderful business opportunity to soak up all those P&O passengers who migrated to Ocean Village because P&O was just too formal.

I wonder if Thomsons would sell their souls to the devil for 3 or 4 modern ships in the 50,000 ton plus range. With those they could give P&O a run for their money with a superior experience and not having to drag everyone from Southampton.

I didn't like Ocean Village and wouldn't sail on them again although I readily admit that if I had done OV first, I would have loved it because my expectations would have been different - I don't mean that in a bad way just that things are done differently - for me, having done both, there's no comparison between OV and Thomson. My in-laws however, having done both would take OV over Thomson - so its swings and roundabouts!

If you like the atmosphere and laid back feel of OV then you should enjoy Thomsons, its just the same but however if you liked the informality you might not like Thomson as they do have formal nights, pre-arranged seating arrangements and it is a teeny bit dressier - but you do have the option of eating in the Lido anyway. Service wise, OV could not compete with Thomsons.

OV - bigger better looking ship with more facilities, bigger cabins

Thomsons - better atmosphere, better service, cleaner, better entertainment, better food, better value for money.

For me its a no-brainer - take the plunge, you may as well seeing as OV is going anyway!

Archived