upgrades??

batman1975

Hi everyone...

I don't know the answer this question, but I am sure someone does.

If I book a room (ie. room# 2330), is it possible to get a visit from the upgrade fairy, or do I need to have chose the guarantee rate?

Thanks to all those who respond!

Hi everyone...

I don't know the answer this question, but I am sure someone does.

If I book a room (ie. room# 2330), is it possible to get a visit from the upgrade fairy, or do I need to have chose the guarantee rate?

Thanks to all those who respond!

If you book a specific cabin, you are pretty much done, in order to get a visit from the Upgrade Fairy you have to book it Guarantee.

It seem to have paid off for me today, only 3 days left and they upgraded me to an Oceanview cabin on the Upper Deck from a Cat. 4a cabin.

I booked a Cat.4a Guarantee cabin and 63 days out I ended up with a Cat.4a cabin. Glad I didn't upgrade it after and just waited.

In your case, the only way to get upgraded is if Carnival or your T/A gave you a call asking if you wanted to be upgraded at a fee.

Fred

Cabins specifically selected. I didn't pay a penny more. I found out about both of them when the documents arrived in the mail.

It doesn't make sense, there is a reason why people book a specific cabin. That would really piss me off if I found out that my Specific cabin which was Midship and on a lower deck was moved to a high deck forward without my consent.

Fred

If you book a specific cabin, you are pretty much done, in order to get a visit from the Upgrade Fairy you have to book it Guarantee.

It seem to have paid off for me today, only 3 days left and they upgraded me to an Oceanview cabin on the Upper Deck from a Cat. 4a cabin.

I booked a Cat.4a Guarantee cabin and 63 days out I ended up with a Cat.4a cabin. Glad I didn't upgrade it after and just waited.

In your case, the only way to get upgraded is if Carnival or your T/A gave you a call asking if you wanted to be upgraded at a fee.

Fred

So you booked 4a GTY and then did they assign you a cabin number at 63 days out and then actually put you in a new upgraded cabin just 3 days before your cruise?

So you booked 4a GTY and then did they assign you a cabin number at 63 days out and then actually put you in a new upgraded cabin just 3 days before your cruise?

Yes. I booked a Cat. 4a guarantee, got cabin R45 63 days out and today I got upgraded to a Cat. 6C cabin.

Heres part of the email:

> Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 12:10 PM

> Subject: xxxxxxxx Confirmation

> Dear Mr. Fred

>

> Thank you again for booking with xxxxxxxxx

>

> Please note: You have been upgraded from an inside cabin to an outside Category 6C, cabin U119

This is my Original thread:

Cabin Assigned 63 days out~~~~ on Elation

Well after a long wait, I got my cabin assignment on 63 days out, I booked a Cat. 4a GTY cabin and the Upgrade Fairy gave me just that, a Cat. 4a cabin, cabin # R-45. haven't checked out the layout yet but it seems to be located forward somewhere on board Elation.

Thread link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839298

Fred

Yes. I booked a Cat. 4a guarantee, got cabin R45 63 days out and today I got upgraded to a Cat. 6C cabin.

Heres part of the email:

> Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 12:10 PM

> Subject: xxxxxxxx Confirmation

> Dear Mr. Fred

>

> Thank you again for booking with xxxxxxxxx

>

> Please note: You have been upgraded from an inside cabin to an outside Category 6C, cabin U119

This is my Original thread:

Cabin Assigned 63 days out~~~~ on Elation

Well after a long wait, I got my cabin assignment on 63 days out, I booked a Cat. 4a GTY cabin and the Upgrade Fairy gave me just that, a Cat. 4a cabin, cabin # R-45. haven't checked out the layout yet but it seems to be located forward somewhere on board Elation.

Thread link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839298

Fred

wow, cool beans!!:D then there is hope they can still upgrade me as well!! we did same thing and already got a cabin too....but we still have 48 days and there are TONS of empty OV and Balcony's! so I can still dream of the upgrade fairy :p at least it'll give me something to pass the time!

wow, cool beans!!:D then there is hope they can still upgrade me as well!! we did same thing and already got a cabin too....but we still have 48 days and there are TONS of empty OV and Balcony's! so I can still dream of the upgrade fairy :p at least it'll give me something to pass the time!

Yes, there is always more hope when booking Guarantee, ie: My buddy Mike, first time cruiser onboard Legend.

Booked him a Cat. 4a GTY, He got a Cat.4c inside around 61 days out and when he got to the ship, they gave him the keys to a Cat.8h Balcony Cabin.

One year I scored a Cat.9a mini suite cabin from a Cat.4a onboard Spirit.

And get this, My T/A Emailed me when she found out my Cabin number the Inside Cat.4a and asked me if I wanted to pay for an upgrade and get something else, I stated that I was ok with the Cat4a cabin R45, and I get upgraded anyways. A cabin is a cabin to me, as long as it has a T.V., Shower and a nice bed, I fine with that.

Fred

Archived