Laundry on Oosterdam

wild_rose

I know I've seen this information somewhere before, but can't find it in a hurry, and now I'm packing.

Is there an 'unlimited laundry and pressing' package on board?

How long does it take, and what's the cost?

I'm from Canada, need to travel a long way, and want to bring

as little baggage as possible.

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of exactly how they do the laundry? I've read that everything is washed and dried in a hot cycle. We're on a back2back, and I anticipate my clothes shrinking on their own by the second week, with no help from laundering in hot! They don't really wash colors in hot do they? Should I stick to dry cleaning only to be safe? I was hoping to conserve on luggage, but I'm nervous they'll ruin my clothes.

This is confusing.

I have a long way to go, before catching the flight to FLL.

Is there not a 'per person' laundry package for a 7-day cruise?

No. It's per cabin - how would the laundry know whose sox they were?

It seems to me that, a year ago, it ran $80 for a 10-day cruise....

-dave

HAL has laundry packages for the entire trip based on length of cruise and services. In other words, 7 days laundry only, 7 days laundry and dry cleaning, etc. The package includes use of blue HAL laundry bags, the steward will leave a supply in your room. The hassocks doulble as laundry hampers.

As an example, Our 34 day Laundry and pressing was approx. 180 dollars.

17 days the year before was $130.

They also offer one-day specials at $12 per bag, (their small paper bag).

with the unlimited, You can submit a separate bag and laundry list for each guest in the cabin. Be sure to keep your copy of the list you fill out to compare with what comes back. We lost 2 pair of jeans and a couple of small things this summer (Our fault, didn't keep copy).

In our experience:

If you get the laundry to the cabin steward by 9am you may get it back that evening or the next morning. They will inform you of the last day and time you can put laundry in on each trip.

Pressing-only usually comes back the same day. If you put wrinkled things in on day of boarding they'll come back fairly soon.

Hope this helps,

GN

Can't help with price because we had free in the suite BUT I would recommend sending anything of quality as "cleaning". I always send good golf shirts and any kind of knits as cleaning. Also, I rarely send anything "white" to either place. My husband's cotton tux shirt -- sent to laundry -- is very yellow and will have to give it a good Clorox soaking when I have time. If I take anything white I simply bring it back home after one wearing to wash myself.

Most of the ships are using the navy cloth laundry bags to send things out -- I always ask for a second bag and a second list to divide the cleaning and laundry. We always had 24 hour service or close to it. If it was ready when our room steward cleaned in the a.m. it was returned late afternoon the next day.

To get the laundry price you probably should ask at front desk upon embarking. It varies according to the ship and how busy their laundry is.

Archived