Uploading pictures

IHATESNOW

Help!!!How do I upload pictures in here? I see that it wants you to load them from a site and I tried that but all I ever see is the URL. Can someone give me pic uploading 101?

thanks

In posting a message (by hitting post reply, which is always bottom left of last post), which also works with starting a new thread, or hitting the 'quote' button inside another post, you'll see the following toolbar:

INSERT-PIC.jpg

I circled the 'insert picture' button on the toolbar. Within the text of your reply / post, put the cursor where you want the picture - then hit that button. It will pop up with a window, that asks you for the URL of the image you'd like to post.

NOTE: sometimes, popup blocking software (like google toolbar) will block the pop-up. In that case, you'll have a notification at the top of the browser window that says something like 'this page would like to have a pop up window' - you can click on that, and say 'temporarily allow pop-ups'.

Hope that helps! :cool:

In posting a message (by hitting post reply, which is always bottom left of last post), which also works with starting a new thread, or hitting the 'quote' button inside another post, you'll see the following toolbar:

INSERT-PIC.jpg

I circled the 'insert picture' button on the toolbar. Within the text of your reply / post, put the cursor where you want the picture - then hit that button. It will pop up with a window, that asks you for the URL of the image you'd like to post.

NOTE: sometimes, popup blocking software (like google toolbar) will block the pop-up. In that case, you'll have a notification at the top of the browser window that says something like 'this page would like to have a pop up window' - you can click on that, and say 'temporarily allow pop-ups'.

Hope that helps! :cool:

thanks for the help, however I have been able to get that far but when the picture uploads I see it at first but when I post it, it just shows URL, not the picture.

Hopefully I can try to simplify the answer to your question. Basically YOU have to host the pictures first, on a site like Webshots, Flickr, or Smugmug (mine), etc.... Then you reference a picture that you've saved to one of these sites using a weblink (ie http://...).

I hope this helps. Hopefully I've made it seem easy.

thanks for the help, however I have been able to get that far but when the picture uploads I see it at first but when I post it, it just shows URL, not the picture.

ok, here's another go - are you hitting 'quick reply'? that's what i think based on your comments.

my instructions, and the toolbar shown in that image, is for 'post reply' (bottom left of LAST message) or 'quote' (bottom right of each message). quick reply button is also located bottom right of each message. quick reply also has a far more simple toolbar with less commands / buttons

when you use 'quick reply', you enter your text into the screen at the bottom of the window (post reply brings up it's own window). when using quick reply, the images are not displayed in the window, but instead you'll see this:

[ I M G ]http://www.domain.com/picture.jpg[ / I M G ]

i added spaces so that it doesn't try to display that pic.

in which case, when you do submit the reply, it WILL display the image, whereas with 'post reply', it displays it in the window.

is that it?

Hopefully I can try to simplify the answer to your question. Basically YOU have to host the pictures first, on a site like Webshots, Flickr, or Smugmug (mine), etc.... Then you reference a picture that you've saved to one of these sites using a weblink (ie http://...).

I hope this helps. Hopefully I've made it seem easy.

thanks you did. I was hosting on an MSN site but I'll try another & see.

Help!!!How do I upload pictures in here? I see that it wants you to load them from a site and I tried that but all I ever see is the URL. Can someone give me pic uploading 101?

thanks

Upload your pics to PhotoBucket.

Then Copy/Paste the IMG Code.

Hope this helps!

(example)

GTPort.jpg

Archived