Free beach at Paradise Island

baf10

According to this which I read on another website all beaches are public which is what I thought. Has anyone gone to the beach at Atlantis without paying? How do you get there besides walking along the water from the RIU?

• OK TO CLARIFY SOMETHING. ALL BEACHES ON PARADISE ISLAND ARE PUBLIC. This includes the main beach on P.I., Cabbage Beach, that is where 90% of the tourists go. You can be ANYWHERE on this beach including in front of the section of the beach that is in front of the Atlantis resort. You just CANNOT use their beach chairs if you're not a hotel guest. Security there cannot enforce this-and if they ask you to leave, say Cabbage Beach is public and refer them to the "What-To-Do" Tourist Book, not that they would try confronting you. If you go past the cove, past the Ocean Club estates, there is a beach that (GREAT SNORKELING), also PUBLIC just few people go since most are at Atlantis and Ocean Club. NOW IF YOU GO ALL THE WAY DOWN THE BEACH PAST ATLANTIS ---COMPLETE OTHER END!...there is the new Cove at Atlantis and the new Turnberry Condo Hotel...that beach there is "PARADISE BEACH" the old Club Med used to be there. This is the 3rd PUBLIC BEACH. All beautiful, all natural, enjoy!

According to this which I read on another website all beaches are public which is what I thought. Has anyone gone to the beach at Atlantis without paying? How do you get there besides walking along the water from the RIU?

• OK TO CLARIFY SOMETHING. ALL BEACHES ON PARADISE ISLAND ARE PUBLIC. This includes the main beach on P.I., Cabbage Beach, that is where 90% of the tourists go. You can be ANYWHERE on this beach including in front of the section of the beach that is in front of the Atlantis resort. You just CANNOT use their beach chairs if you're not a hotel guest. Security there cannot enforce this-and if they ask you to leave, say Cabbage Beach is public and refer them to the "What-To-Do" Tourist Book, not that they would try confronting you. If you go past the cove, past the Ocean Club estates, there is a beach that (GREAT SNORKELING), also PUBLIC just few people go since most are at Atlantis and Ocean Club. NOW IF YOU GO ALL THE WAY DOWN THE BEACH PAST ATLANTIS ---COMPLETE OTHER END!...there is the new Cove at Atlantis and the new Turnberry Condo Hotel...that beach there is "PARADISE BEACH" the old Club Med used to be there. This is the 3rd PUBLIC BEACH. All beautiful, all natural, enjoy!

This is correct.. to a point. ALL beaches are public to the high tide mark. Which means that you can walk along the waters edge without trespassing. This does NOT allow you on the sandy beach or to plop yourself down on a towel on the beach (unless it's low tide and you are still within the high tide line).

Yes, you can walk the beach , and yes you can pass thru Atlantis along the waterline, but you can't trespass on their beach property.

They can... and will ask you to leave.

You are allowed to use the public beach next to the RIU, and walk east along the beach. But you cannot use the beach at the Ocean Club.

If you walk west past atlantis and the cove and on to Paradise beach, you can go past the Reef and use the area that is still a construction site and beyond. (Until they build up that area) It is, technically part of Atlantis. The beach beyond Club Med is called Colonial Beach, this is a public beach. It's closest to the Lighthouse.

These are a LONG walk from the public entry next to the RUI, an only accessible by that entry point. Not really worth the walk if you have limited time in Nassau.

WHat you are saying differs from the info in my post I saw. Do you know this for a fact because the person that gave that info seems sure you can sit anywhere.

I live in Nassau.. and have known the rules for many years. I also know for a fact that security and lifeguards on atlantis beach are SUPPOSED to make non-guests leave the beach. Most are too lazy to do so unless their supervisors are looking.

The rule is "to the mean water mark".. which is the average high tide mark.

• 4 years later...

I can verify that security at Atlantis DO check to make sure you're a guest or have the right passes to be there. I was there (staying at Atlantis) for a few days a couple years ago with my husband's family. Inside the hotels, along the walkways, everywhere we went on Atlantis property/grounds, we (or I when headed out of the hotel to get to the grounds/beach) were constantly stopped by security and asked if I was a "guest" and when I told them I was, they wanted to see the room card/id. At the time I thought maybe I didn't look like I belonged there. :)

I can verify that security at Atlantis DO check to make sure you're a guest or have the right passes to be there. I was there (staying at Atlantis) for a few days a couple years ago with my husband's family. Inside the hotels, along the walkways, everywhere we went on Atlantis property/grounds, we (or I when headed out of the hotel to get to the grounds/beach) were constantly stopped by security and asked if I was a "guest" and when I told them I was, they wanted to see the room card/id. At the time I thought maybe I didn't look like I belonged there. :)

Agreed, was the same last year when we stayed a week in Jan. We even talked to some Atlantis guests who were asked to leave a beach next door when they walked 'too far'. Cards were asked to be seen regularly.

thanks for the info. I really thought of just taking a taxi there and gamble and look at the gift shops. I really want to see it up close if I am there...just don't want to spend money to see it!

Archived