When to Book

I'm noticing that last month/this month there were some GREAT last minute deals. but decided to wait til DD is a little older to go. So I was looking at booking sometimes in May-June... Is it cheaper to wait til March to book? or is that just a more expensive time of the year?

thanks,

I'm noticing that last month/this month there were some GREAT last minute deals. but decided to wait til DD is a little older to go. So I was looking at booking sometimes in May-June... Is it cheaper to wait til March to book? or is that just a more expensive time of the year?

thanks,

6 - 8 months older is going to make that big a difference ??? :confused:

Because that is when the kiddies will be getting out of school and the family cruise vacations begin along with HIGHER RATES, it is really hard to say regarding booking late in the game right now. The economy will have somewhat of an affect, but I just dont think the cruise deals will be as abundant as they are right now in the off season.

thanks,

I think the closer to the cruise you book, the cheaper it is. This is not a rule set in stone (I have seen prices go up at the last minute) and they may sell out of a particular cabin type you want. However, if you do not care about the cabin, I would wait until the last minute to capture the best price. Personally, I always book the second they release the list of the new cruises for the itinerary I want for the following year. That usually gives you a good price also.

How old is DD?

Usually the rule is to book the second you know you want to go. ;) If there is a drop in price, one call to RCCL will credit that drop. If there is an increase, then your price is locked in already. :D

There are some good deals to be had in May. June, not so much. The kids are getting out of school. The prices are set higher.

We have a family board here at CC, feel free to come over and we can help you with any questions regarding cruising with kids.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

ty ty.

So it's best to book now. and if the rates drop I givem a call and get the better rate?

Would perhaps March/April be a cheaper time than May/June b/c kids are getting out of school for summer?

(I would like to go now but my parents are going on their first cruise first week of December so I don't have my freebabysitter and have to take that time off as vacation time. so i was thinking about going for 3-4 nights... but would rather wait and go the full week next year, maybe she'll be sleeping more of the night so we can have a babysitter and go out once. DD will be 2 in May)

ty ty.

So it's best to book now. and if the rates drop I givem a call and get the better rate?

Would perhaps March/April be a cheaper time than May/June b/c kids are getting out of school for summer?

(I would like to go now but my parents are going on their first cruise first week of December so I don't have my freebabysitter and have to take that time off as vacation time. so i was thinking about going for 3-4 nights... but would rather wait and go the full week next year, maybe she'll be sleeping more of the night so we can have a babysitter and go out once. DD will be 2 in May)

Yes its best to book now. If you book direct with RCCL, then you just call and ask for the price drop.

March/April is spring break, so no, the prices aren't generally lower. There are some good prices in May because the kids aren't out yet. So look at the first week of May. Also, the last week of August and of course, Sept/Oct are always low priced.

The week after a holiday is usually lower too. So the week after New Years or Thanksgiving. :)

Archived