Carnival Suites

CruisenGoddess

We haven't cruised with Carnival for several years and thought we'd try them again as the new improvements look lovely. I was wondering if you get any perks booking a suite. IF so if you could direct me where to find them. I've been all over the Carnival site, eyes are tired and haven't come across anything. TIA

We haven't cruised with Carnival for several years and thought we'd try them again as the new improvements look lovely. I was wondering if you get any perks booking a suite. IF so if you could direct me where to find them. I've been all over the Carnival site, eyes are tired and haven't come across anything. TIA

You get priority VIP boarding and debarking. And the best suite prices of any major line. That is all!..

Dan

\

In addition your cabin on a Cat 1 is 1 1/2 times as wide as a regular cabin, plus you have a whirlpool bathtub/shower, nice wood grain, down pillows, and nice mood lighting. We are doing our 3rd Cat 11 cabin and love them, but the price has to be right. Very romantic. In MHO it is not worth $400 PP more than a balcony but we got a great deal. We love them.

Past cruises only count from each separate cruiseline, but if you cruise Princess before, you can get the free upgrade that sometimes is available on a sale for past guests on closer in dates (wouldnt be available on 2010 dates for instance). (wouldnt help on a suite booking).

Thats it. I wouldnt book a suite on Carnival for the perks. lol. Just get one if having a larger cabin and balcony is worth it to you.

Also you get "preference" bathroom tissue instead of the sandpaper the rest of us get. (Of course we can specifically ask for preference too).
Seriously? LOL, I had no idea.... ouch.

I love suites. Some folks don't care much about the room and I respect that. Personally, it's the only way I go!

Thanks for the quick responses. The suites look so nice. What is a PVP? I've been out of the Carnival loop for a while. As far as past cruisers do they combine from all the companies they own?

Cruising with any Carnival company qualifies you for any past guest price specials that may be available at booking.

Only cruises on Carnival branded ships qualify for the onboard past guest perks.

Dan

You get priority VIP boarding and debarking. And the best suite prices of any major line. That is all!..

Dan

Are the suites comparable? I know that other lines sometimes have different levels of suites, and that Carnival's are more in line with what other lines consider "Junior Suites". I know that Carnival doesn't have any of the fancy schmancy suites with a grand piano or a wet bar and a dining room table for 8 or a full-sized private hot tub on the enormous patio. Those types of suites SHOULD (and do) cost much, much more...

Are the suites comparable? I know that other lines sometimes have different levels of suites, and that Carnival's are more in line with what other lines consider "Junior Suites". I know that Carnival doesn't have any of the fancy schmancy suites with a grand piano or a wet bar and a dining room table for 8 or a full-sized private hot tub on the enormous patio. Those types of suites SHOULD (and do) cost much, much more...

Carnival's cost per square foot is less, be it elaborate suite or "junior suite."

A suite with a babbling brook running through it and 5000 sf at $30,000. a week is for the 'way more money than brains' crowd. And they go way higher.

One other thing you get with a Carnival suite that you do not get in the elaborate suites on other lines..........................A Carnival ship.

Dan

Well once nice thing about Carnival is that even their 'standard' staterooms are larger than most other lines.

We haven't been on Carnival in a long time and honestly I think I'll have a hard time going back to traditional dining, but we want to cruise closer to home - tired of driving to Miami - at least for now.

The new Dream looks like it will be fantastic and PC is only 3.5 hours of a drive for us.

We do spend a lot of time relaxing in our stateroom and appreciate having more room, so I think the suite's are the way to go and pricing seems very reasonable. I hear the food has improved especially on the newer ships - any truth to that?

Thanks for clarifying. How are the children's programs? Specifically for 2-3 yr olds. We begining to cruise with our GS.

There is Camp Carnival. The group you would be interested in are 2-5 yr olds.

Here is a sample activity sheet for 2-5 yr olds from Carnival Splendor:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/misc/cc_2-5.jpg

Archived