Cancellation/Customer Service question

Holly Harbor

My DH had an ATV accident recently that will keep us from a long flight to Australia for the March cruise we were anxiously anticipating. No way he could sit that many hours with a recently fractured pelvis! :( We cancelled our cruise, but it still shows up on Celebrity's site when I go to "My Cruise" (or something like that)! Is this a problem? I've contacted the TA and have an e-mail confirmation of the cancellation from them...but nothing from Celebrity. How can I contact Celebrity directly and not go through the TA? How long does it take to receive the refund of the deposit? :confused:

You guys have been so helpful and I've learned so much on this site. Thanks in advance!

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Sorry to hear about your husband's accident and injury....I hope he has a quick recovery.

I cancelled a cruised that I had booked directly with Azamara yesterday, and today my status shows "Cancelled" on my on-line reservation.

I'm not sure how long the refund takes to process, but I would call the TA to ask. If they've notified Celebrity that you've cancelled your cruise, then it seems strange that it's not showing that on your reservation. When did you let the TA know? I don't think there's any concern since you have a confirmation from the TA and it's well outside of the final payment date, but getting the refund quickly would be good.

Thanks for your responses. I just checked our credit card account on-line and found that the refund was credited 4 days after cancellation...can't complain about that! I guess I won't worry that Celebrity's site still shows the reservation. Now I just have to shop for a suitable cruise that leaves from a port closer to home. :)

I cancelled a cruise last month and while I got the refund, it still shows in my "My Cruises" except it says that there are 9 in my cabin now! Wow! I'm glad I'm not going; that would be crowded!

Maybe the group that booked your cabin after you cancelled were nice enough to still let you come. LOL icon7.gif

Could you see the names of the 9 paxs like you can see cabin occupants on your own booking.?

Archived