Is "Guaranteed Veranda" too risky?

Chocolate Chip Cookie

We're on the Summit 12/20 out of San Juan. We booked a Veranda Guar about 6 weeks ago and within a few weeks found out that we were assigned an accessible cabin mid-ship with 271 sq feet. I hadn't requested an accessible cabin and I hope I don't need one by then!

A regular Veranda cabin is 170 sq. ft and a CC cabin is 191 sq ft. At the time I found out about the assigned cabin, I had been looking at upgrading to CC, but this cabin is so much larger, I decided it wasn't worth it.

A few years ago, we booked a Veranda Guar on HA over Xmas and was contacted by my TA a few weeks b4 the cruise to change to a longer cruise and get a discount. We ended up going New Year's week instead on a 1-night longer cruise and got 75% of our $$$$ back. Fortunately, we had used an airlines mileage award so we could rearrange our flights.

Good for you...we had to pay full price for ours (7212 Mille) but we've got the aft cabin with the Huge balcony...but they are fabulous...I think all the Accessibles are the same so check out the Geocities website , look at the AFT Wheelchair CC's, bet they're the same as yours!!:) http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

I took the gamble but as my cruise is not until September 2009 I have no idea what my assignment is yet.

Does anyone know which rooms have the obstruction.

Does it mean you just can't see the water?

They are the Cat.7 on the Continental deck which are cabins 6179 to 6209 on the port side and 6180 to 6210 on the starboard side.

IMO best would be 6209 and 6210 which are the cat.7 closest to aft and are on the hump and were cat. 1A before being re-classified, Next best would be two closest to bow, 6179 and 6180 or cabins inbetween tenders, 6199 , 6200 ,6201 , 6202, 6189 and 6190. All would have a partial view downwards. Rest won't really have downward view.

Archived