Toddler Activity??

I would like to see the answers to this as well. When we go, our baby will be 13 months and also a pre/new walker. We went last year with our two year old and she did great!! SHe LOVED the shows, was awesome at dinner, LOVED and LIVED in the kids pool!! We saw lots of little ones your baby's age at the pool each day having a great time. It says no baby's in swim diapers, but they were in there anyway. Our daughter was long potty trained by then.

Carnival Destiny 12/98

Carnival Triumph 10/99

Explorer of the Seas 12/02

Carnival Pride 07/03

http://www.ospsitecrafters.com/images/flahatch.gif

Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;7;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It says no baby's in swim diapers, but they were in there anyway. Our daughter was long potty trained by then.---------------------------

I'm not trying to start something but, it says that for a reason. Even though your infant might be long potty trained what about the ones who weren't. You exposed your own child to potential harm from the other kids.

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

Well, I choose to just live life! It really doesn't bother me about babies being in swim diapers. We go to LOTS of pools during the summer and when on vacation and there is pretty much always a babe in diapers in the pool! And if you really think about it, are adult butts really so clean themselves!

Carnival Destiny 12/98

Carnival Triumph 10/99

Carnival Pride 07/03

Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;7;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I am on the board of our neighborhood association. At a meeting the other night, the Pool chairman announced that the County health officials have issued a warning that all community pools CANNOT ALLOW a child who is not potty trained in the pool WITHOUT the swim diapers on. If a baby is found to be in our neighborhood pool without swim diapers, a fine will be issued.

We had an incident last year at our Country Club where a baby defecated in the pool. The mother had him in the baby pool without any type of protection. The pool was closed down for three days. This incident is said to be the cause for the new health rules. This was confusing to me since there is so much talk on this board about swim diapers not being allowed in the ship pools. icon_confused.gif

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Family of 14,

We have had the same problem. We require that swim diapers with plastic pants be worn just for the same reason. It is also a requirement in our Park District (public) pools.

Have a great day!

Days til our vacation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;2;28;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I am not sure about the plastic pants part. Seems like a good idea. I will have to find out.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

We took our 13-month old dd on Explorer. She really enjoyed the ice show. We only went to one of the production shows & she slept through it on me. We got to both early so we could sit in the back row & keep the stroller next to us. A great place for her to play was deck 4 - I think that's the #. It's the one that wraps around & is covered. She was walking pretty good by then & we just let her run around in the shade. It was nice too because it was always really empty - quite a few times we were the only ones there. It allowed her to use up her energy!

You can get milk all the time in the buffet area - just ask. They will also bring you a high chair - some of the waiters were in love w/ her & always came over to her. You can also get milk in the 24-hr cafe on the promenade.

She really seemed to enjoy it - was very happy & no trouble sleeping at night. We had a balcony cabin, so during naps or when we put her down at night we could hang out there. We used their pack & play, but took one of her sheets to sleep on, and of course some of her favorite toys & books. We put the glass coffee table in the closet & the stroller folded up & went under the bed.

That's the main things I can think of - let me know if you have any other ?'s I can help with.

NOW I WONDER WHERE EVERONE GETS SICK FROM THAT VIRUS... IT'S NOT FROM THE DARN FOOD IT'S FROM SICK KIDS WHOO DO THEIR BUSINESS IN THE POOLS ... LOL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;3;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Navigator of the Seas/Western Caribbean 03/06

Our son is getting ready to sail on his 3rd cruise already (he will be 26 months at sailing). He was 9 months for his first cruise and 18 months for his second. (He was walking for both). His first was on Monarch. He enjoyed just being able to run around in empty areas and exploring the cabin. He loved the shows and would get all excited. We too brought our own fitted sheet for the pack 'n play. The motion of the ship led to great sleeping for him! His second was on the Adventure. He was much more aware of the staff on this cruise (he recognized the flowered shirts they were wearing). As soon as one cabin steward saw us coming down the passageway, they would call out to the others. They would all come to the doors and my son would proceed to go along and give them all "5". He thought is was fun! The wait staff loved and spoiled him. He again enjoyed both the lounge shows and the ice show. We didn't go into the pool as there were quite a few kids and I felt it might get a little too "pushy" for him at that age. We took him to the beach in St. Thomas instead and he thought the tide was great! As he was learning his numbers when we sailed, he especially liked the large numbers by all the elevators and being able to push our floor button! On Adventure we had a balcony and we put the glass table on the balcony and also used the balcony to store the stroller (that way we didn't have to keep putting it up and down). Adventure has refrigerators in all the cabins so we took extra cartons of milk at breakfast and kept them in the room for convenience.

We sail at the end of May on Grandeur. Since bottles are no longer an issue for us, the lack of refrigerator won't be a problem. He now understands the idea of "the big boat" from all the commercials and starts dancing whenever they come on. He's as excited as we are to be sailing again!

Marilyn

Nordic Empress 10/97

Monarch of the Seas 9/98

Enchantment of the Seas 2/99

Vision of the Seas 1/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 1/01

Monarch of the Seas 12/01

Monarch of the Seas 12/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;31;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on Grandeur of the Seas!

Memorymaker, I was on the voyager last summer and a little one did his business in one of the main pools... as a result, the pool had to be closed, drained and cleaned. The reason they have rules about children who are not potty trained being in the pool is because children who aren't potty trained, do not have control over their bladder or bowels... a little poop in the pool is a health hazard, especially in a closed environement like a cruise ship. Adult butts may not be much cleaner, but I have not yet heard of an adult going poop in the pool. And BTW-- the sign that says no diapers, also says no adult diapers. Babies are cute and sweet and adorable and all....but not when hundreds of people are forced out of the pools when an adult (parent) refuses to follow the rules.

Check out my Navigator, Adventure, Voyager and Brilliance Pics!

http://community.webshots.com/user/adventurehounds

Carnival Ecstacy 6/95

Carnival Ecstacy 2/96

Carnival Ecstacy 6/98

Monarch of the Seas 1/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Adventure of the Seas 1/03

Voyager of the Seas 8/03

Brilliance of the Seas 12/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;4;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Til' we cross the Atlantic on the Brilliance!

You don't say bhughey, children in diapers don't have control of their bladders and bowels? icon_rolleyes.gif I FULLY understand why this sign is there, but I am saying it simply doesn't bother me that babies in swim diapers are in there. It is NOT common that children in diapers aren't allowed in pools at all, this is just a cruise ship (or at least a RCCL one.....I can't see that Disney has this same rule, but could be wrong) thing. I have yet to go to a public or private pool that has a NO unpotty trained child in the BABY pool rule. They do have a swim diaper or plastic pants rule, but never a no children in at all rule

Carnival Destiny 12/98

Carnival Triumph 10/99

Carnival Pride 07/03

Mariner of the Seas

I am not slamming anyone here... just saying that parents need to be careful, for your kids and others.

Check out my Navigator, Adventure, Voyager and Brilliance Pics!

http://community.webshots.com/user/adventurehounds

Carnival Ecstacy 6/95

Carnival Ecstacy 2/96

Carnival Ecstacy 6/98

Monarch of the Seas 1/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Adventure of the Seas 1/03

Voyager of the Seas 8/03

Brilliance of the Seas 12/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;4;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Til' we cross the Atlantic on the Brilliance!

I completely agree bh. In a perfect world, people would be mindful of those rules or the ship would enforce them, but they don't. I also feel that in the baby pool, baby should be allowed in there. I would assume something happened at one time or another to make them set that rule. The whole week we were on the Explorer, our two and a half year old was the oldest child we ever saw in there. I guess the older little kids were in the big pool. Not saying I don't care, but like I said, she is in enough other pools that has many diapered kids in it, that we are willing to take the small risk that something might happen. Same as we are when putting her in a car, etc. Again, just gotta live your life.

Carnival Destiny 12/98

Carnival Triumph 10/99

Carnival Pride 07/03

Mariner of the Seas

Just got off the Legend and the picture signs for not allowing diaper clad children in the tubs and pool are there for a reason. On two seperate ocassions this was ignored by the same family in the solarium and both times they had to rope the tubs off,drain and clean them,refill and all new chems.It was a pain to the crew and to all of us using the tubs and the last we saw this family was in deep conversation with two ships officers.

Dan - we need updated pix!

DH and I are starting the paperwork in the fall for #3. I made my announcement on the APC a couple of weeks ago. I'm so excited.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;13;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Explorer of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;1;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Carnival Holiday!

Archived