Recent Sensation Cruisers

cruisingdoc

We were on the inaugral sailing from New Orleans and had a great time!!!!! The ship has not changed much since I cruised on her last year, but they have new down comforters and a new bar in the atrium....

Getting off the ship was hell... I will tell you that, but I think that is a NOLA thing... we got off the ship at 10:30 and finding luggage was a nightmare!!!!!

I love the Sensation!!!!

We were the third from the last group called... The airport is about 30 minutes, give or take depending on time of day and traffic. There was a VERY long line waiting for airport transportation, so I would suggest you arrange something ahead of time... You can do self assisted disembarkation... if you want to carry your own luggage off the ship, you would get off once the ship cleared customs with that...

I was on the same cruise with GC and was the second color (blue- Empress) callled after early flight people & self assist. I didn't have any problem with luggage or getting a cab back to Hilton. Great ship, clean & well maintained. Have a great cruise.

I was on the same cruise as GC and Brenda. This was my third cruise out of new Orleans and I can say the debarkation process has improved! We were off the ship about 10:00 and found our luggage easily. I don't think I would book an early flight when cruising out of any port though.Too much could go wrong.

The cruise was fantastic....I was also with sulecrey, Brenda and GC...we had a wonderful time. The staff was beyond description in my estimation. This was my third CCL cruise and there was not one negative thing I could say. We were off by 9:30 and I didn't think debarcation was as bad as Miami. We did the airport shuttle and paid $10 cash when we got to the bus which was waiting for us.

Ditto for me on the Sensation with the above forementioned crazy people.

getting off the ship is just a little hairy because of the small space they put the luggage in, that and the fact that people are generally stupid they find one piece and stand by it blocking the way for others to get by..

this was my second time on the sensation this year I like her shes fun and still has many years left in her..

The Sensation is great! I hope you enjoy her as much as we did!!! I had a much better time the second go around, and I didn't think that was possible!! But I cruised with such a great group of people, that always helps!!!

Zone baby, that was a big problem for us... someone actually had my luggage and conveniently found it wasn't theirs after about 30 minutes!!!! We were fortunate to be able to wait on the Lido deck.. would have been nice if they would have served drinks, LOL!!!!

Enjoy the Sensastion and NOLA! Had a great time doing both!!!!!

Archived