Pearl time vs. Cozumel time

ddakrt

I know NCL changes their ship time to reflect the timezone the ship is in, but that also takes into account DST which not all ports have.

So does anyone know if the ship time is same as the local time in Cozumel or is the ship 1 hour ahead?

Any information is very much appreciated.

TIA!

Though there are very smart folks here, I personall would not put much planning into any answers you get, other than some general knowledge. After all, the "policy" a ship uses today may be different when you cruise.

I know when we were there I was pretty sure we were on the same time, but again, I would not plan based on any answer here.

Actually, I have a little bug about people that use terms like 9am EST or 9am Eastern Daylight Savings Time. First, it is often the wrong one, and second, why not just say 9 - eastern time. How many people REALLY know if we are currently on Standard or Daylight Savings time? Or care?

Though there are very smart folks here, I personall would not put much planning into any answers you get, other than some general knowledge. After all, the "policy" a ship uses today may be different when you cruise.

I know when we were there I was pretty sure we were on the same time, but again, I would not plan based on any answer here.

Actually, I have a little bug about people that use terms like 9am EST or 9am Eastern Daylight Savings Time. First, it is often the wrong one, and second, why not just say 9 - eastern time. How many people REALLY know if we are currently on Standard or Daylight Savings time? Or care?

Fair enough, but if someone was just off the Pearl and have that information it would give me a very good idea for when I sail on her next week.

Does it matter if we're on DST or standard time? Not really to most people I guess, but it does to me when I'm trying to do some last minute planning for that day in Cozumel ;).

I have to meet at 1pm local Cozumel time for a tour we're booked on and am trying to squeeze in a scuba before and shopping somewhere in between. So ya, it matters to me if I am to fit everything into the day. :p

My point is, Daylight savings or standard is a worthless piece of information if people get it wrong, and I believe most have no idea. They just know what time it is now. And, if the ship changes it's policy between now and when you sail, you are in trouble again, though I doubt they will.

But, I guess I would ask as well.

Sign me confused.

Have a great cruise! We spent out time at Senor Frogs and have great memories of that. Not too authentic, is it?

I seem to remember a port somewhere along the line where the ship did not change to match ONE particular port - I wish I could remember.

Here is an interesting bit of trivia. Did you know that China, that is big enough to cover 5 time zones, is actually all on the SAME TIME?

I seem to remember a port somewhere along the line where the ship did not change to match ONE particular port - I wish I could remember.

Here is an interesting bit of trivia. Did you know that China, that is big enough to cover 5 time zones, is actually all on the SAME TIME?

Wow, had no idea, nor did I ever thought about it lol. Cool little tid bit. :D

When is the ships time not the same as the ports time? On my sun cruise we changed hours for something like 3 nights in a row. Having the ship has a different time then the real port time is going to cause a mess and I don't think they would ever do that.

I believe it's like that in Belize, during DST the ship is 1 hour ahead, while the ship is 2 hours ahead during standard time... All this AFTER the ship changed it's time to reflect the timezone. :o

Fair enough, but if someone was just off the Pearl and have that information it would give me a very good idea for when I sail on her next week.

Does it matter if we're on DST or standard time? Not really to most people I guess, but it does to me when I'm trying to do some last minute planning for that day in Cozumel ;).

I have to meet at 1pm local Cozumel time for a tour we're booked on and am trying to squeeze in a scuba before and shopping somewhere in between. So ya, it matters to me if I am to fit everything into the day. :p

Just Back off the pearl 16th Nov. - Ships time is changed -1hr after the sea day (Monday) before arriving in Roatan. It stays like this until the next sea day (Friday) when you change +1hr before arriving at the private island.

When is the ships time not the same as the ports time? On my sun cruise we changed hours for something like 3 nights in a row. Having the ship has a different time then the real port time is going to cause a mess and I don't think they would ever do that.

We were kept 1 hr ahead of Puerto Vallerta on the Star on our most recent cruise. Nov 8-15.

Go figure...

Archived