will Paradise Helicopters sell directly to cruisers?

Sea Hag

I've got my heart set on the doors-off flight over VNP in February 2010. I was looking at Paradise's website, and it asks for a hotel. So, do any of you know if they'll sell directly to cruisers? Has anybody booked them? I submitted this question on their website, but I'd still be very pleased if some or any of you have been able to book this while crusing. Thanks in advance for any and all. :)

The also sell through a different name which is Tropical Helicopters. Check their website at www.tropicalhelicopters.com I am already booked for the doors off trip in Jan.

Thanks for the reply, and it's interesting that they have two sites! On the site that your link goes to, they offer custom charters. I don't usually like to spend unnecessarily, but it sure is tempting to get a four passenger, doors-off for just the two of us. I suppose they could balance the seating.

I've got my heart set on the doors-off flight over VNP in February 2010. I was looking at Paradise's website, and it asks for a hotel. So, do any of you know if they'll sell directly to cruisers? Has anybody booked them? I submitted this question on their website, but I'd still be very pleased if some or any of you have been able to book this while crusing. Thanks in advance for any and all. :)

These companies all are in it for the $$$. If you provide CC # to gurantee reservations I don't think you'll have any problem and telling them you are coming from a ship.

My 2cents on doors off, beyond the ability to shoot pictures with no refelections it is over rated. I can't imagine being subjected to an hour of the wind, cold, and possible wettness but YMMV. There was a post recently from another person who did it, I beleve they had mixed emotions about it. Don't get me wrong, if it was just me, I'd do doors off but I know my wife wouldn't enjoy the view enough to call it an "adventure" :D She told me so after our ride when I showed the doors off choppers taking off

The following news article confirms that the two names are the same company. It also reviews their safety record. Given all of the tours they operate, your chances of crashing are very slim despite the article.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2008/02/08/news/story03.html

Interesting article, and I agree with you assessment that the chances of crashing are very slim. Thanks!

My 2cents on doors off, beyond the ability to shoot pictures with no refelections it is over rated. I can't imagine being subjected to an hour of the wind, cold, and possible wettness but YMMV.

But all that wind, cold and possible wetness is what I'm after! Imagine how nice it would be - rushing over the lava fields with your ears flapping like a dog with its head out the window. :D

Archived