Wine Carry on

Beachgator

I believe each person over 21 can bring on a 750ml bottle of wine or champagne.:)

I've never seen a restriction on size?? I used to pack two of the big 1.5 liter bottles in my carryon, and put the smaller bottles in my checked bag.

I could be wrong, but I've never been stopped with the big bottles in my carryon.

Direct from the Carnival website:

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

However, I don't think they really enforce the size limit on wine but I may be wrong.

Just returned from the Liberty. Carried on 7 bottles for 3 adults, no questions. We were charged the cork fee the first night in the new "open dining room" and in Harry's steakhouse. Our regular waiter did not charge us a cork fee on the remaining bottles.

I guess it's all luck of the draw.

I use a fluffy bath towel roll wrapped around it, slip into a plastic bag, twist it, the taped so all is snug. I put my shoes on the "would be bottom "of my lg suitcase, to absorb any drop shock, and snuggle wrinkl-y stuff around the bottle..continue to pack as needed.Have made it thru the last 19 this way. Sometimes I take 2 for my b2b..lucky

We bought some padded "sleeves" that fits a bottle of wine and protects it as well. Wrapped it in plastic and then buried it in the middle of our luggage. We never had a problem, and were never charged a corking fee at the table, either. That was probably just lucky! The wine we brought with us was 44.00 a bottle on the ship and was 7.99 at home. icon10.gif

I think Carnival makes more money on alcohol than anything else!

Shadoo

This thread is repeated about every three weeks or so. I was asking the same question about 6 weeks ago. It was suggested that I try using rum runners. My wife and I generally drink about 18-24 bottles of wine per week while on vacation. We're not alcoholics. We are social drinkers with a potential social problem :D. Anyway, I bought ten of these 32 oz traveler rum runner bags, and I will put five of them in each suitcase. The bags are pretty cheap ($4.55), and when you drink wine in mass quantity, it could get expensive to buy the wine on board. Plus, the red wine selection on board doesn't look impressive. I had my PVP email me the wine list ;). Here is the link to the rum runner bags:

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Since you can no longer take liquids in your carry ons what is the safest way of bringing your wine on without risking it breaking and ruining your clothes?

I had it in a shopping bag from the liquor store I bought it at, and carried it on at embarkation. They were 1.5L bottles and no one (except the other passengers who don't look on cruisecritic) gave it a second look.

I took wine on our last cruise however I wrapped it in garbage bags then rolled bubble packing stuff and packed it with my check in luggage. You are not allowed to carry wine any liquid over it think it is 3oz. I had some bottled water and had to toss it before getting through security at the airport. The bottle was not opened. What a waste of money. They did sell bottled water after the check point.

I have found the best way is to get a styrofoam shipper box. We belong to a few wine clubs and save the shippers for when we go on cruises and then just check them as luggage. If you can't find a styrofoam shipper, put it in bubble wrap and then inside a 2 gallon ziploc..just in case and put it in the middle part of your suitcase that is going to be checked. I see you are in Florida like me so you will not be able to find the shippers here. In CA and other wine states, you can find them. The bubble wrap works fine though. Just don't forget the 2 gallon ziplocs.

on my miracle cruise on November 13. I bought a bottle of yellow tail reisling at target for 5.99 at first I was going to buy it with Carnival but the cheapest bottle was 23. I put a wine cooler pack (silver padded sleeve that keeps wine cool for 3 hours) on it and double baged it and put it in my check bag with my clothes. i packed my corkscrew and my boyfriend uncorked it in the room. we carried it to the dinning room and our waitress poured it. If you do not finish the bottle in one seating your waitstaff can put it in the cooler for the next night if you want. None of the staff said anything about it. I might do it again on our May 10th cruise and hopefully we have another couple coming with us to share the wine with us.

Pam;)

Does anyone know if Carnival allows passangers to carry on wine for consumption in their room? We are thinking of booking a cruise and haven't sailed Carnival in a few year.:confused:

From their website:

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Archived