BEWARE of Kontiki beach bar on Orient Beach!!

beanandme

I will be on Orient Beach in January. I agree, Kontiki beach bar is horrible!!! They are rude and act like they are doing you a favor. Don't go there! Give your $$ to people that appreciate it! Made the mistake of just dropping by for a drink the first time I was there...NEVER AGAIN!!:p

I have only been to Orient Beach once . I Pedroes Beach the one that is connected to Orient Beach? Or is this totally a different beach. The bathrooms at Orient Beach were really Bad I must say at Orient. Is there more to do at Pedroes Beach?[/quot

Pedros Beach Bar is located on Orient Beach, and yes, the bathrooms at Pedros are fairly primitive.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm going to St. Maarten in April and will be sure to stay FAR away of Kon Tiki...1. an establishment NEVER has the right to pour ice water on tourist who as just sitting in the sand and 2. tourist who rent a chair think they've rented the whole beach to themselves...overall everyone associated with Kon Tiki sounds stuck up and rude...not very Caribbean at all. But since I live in Florida along the Gulf Coast, sitting at a beach is not why I go on cruises so I'll probably not even visit any beach :-) Sorry to hear about these bad experiences.

Wow, I'm going to St. Maarten in April and will be sure to stay FAR away of Kon Tiki...1. an establishment NEVER has the right to pour ice water on tourist who as just sitting in the sand and 2. tourist who rent a chair think they've rented the whole beach to themselves...overall everyone associated with Kon Tiki sounds stuck up and rude...not very Caribbean at all. But since I live in Florida along the Gulf Coast, sitting at a beach is not why I go on cruises so I'll probably not even visit any beach :-) Sorry to hear about these bad experiences.

The big 5 beach bars on Orient -- Kakao, Kon Tiki, Bikini, Cocoa and Wakiki -- are all owned by the same business interests and tend to be the most expensive on the beach. The cruise tour buses usually drop their hordes at Bikini which is a good reason to steer clear of that part of the beach.

Where exactly is that located near? What kind of pricing do they offer on chairs and stuff if they have that?

Just a few hundred feet up the beach from Pedros, one of the main taxi dropoffs. Go past Andy and Cheryl's Baywatch (our fav. restaurant on the beach) and you will spot it. As you walk from Pedros, the water should be on your right, If the water is on your left then you are headed to Club Orient, the clothing optional part of the beach. Which also rents chairs and umbrellas. But they are not padded.

Archived