Chilling boxed wine

pcvtmom

For all of you who take boxed wine ('cause it packs so well!!) on your cruise, do you have any suggestions as to HOW to keep it chilled? We took a box last summer, but it wouldn't fit in the mini fridge, and I didn't want the cardboard to get soggy. What works for you? Thanks for any suggestions, in advance!

For all of you who take boxed wine ('cause it packs so well!!) on your cruise, do you have any suggestions as to HOW to keep it chilled? We took a box last summer, but it wouldn't fit in the mini fridge, and I didn't want the cardboard to get soggy. What works for you? Thanks for any suggestions, in advance!

Just open the cardboard box at the top or side...

It is very strong and air tight, so just store the wine in the plastic casing in the fridge.

Just think of it as kind of a wine canteen/flask.:cool:

I've read several suggestions that advise taking the "bladder" or whatever the inside sealed portion that holds the wine out. You can then put it in the fridge or store it on ice. The cardboard box comes off easily and it's much easier to chill the wine without it. :)

Just open the cardboard box at the top or side...

It is very strong and air tight, so just store the wine in the plastic casing in the fridge.

Just think of it as kind of a wine canteen/flask.:cool:

Beat me to it. This is the way to do it. You also may want to consider asking your steward to empty the fridge if you don't plan to use mini-bar items.

Archived