Renting snorkeling equipment for the week

gloreuscruising

I hope I am not duplicating this question, but I am wondering if it is possible to rent snorkeling equipment for the entire week from the ship? And if so is there an estimated price for this? I would prefer to leave our equipment at home to make room in the luggage. We will be on the Crown if that makes a difference. Thanking you in advance for all your help.:D

I hope I am not duplicating this question, but I am wondering if it is possible to rent snorkeling equipment for the entire week from the ship? And if so is there an estimated price for this? I would prefer to leave our equipment at home to make room in the luggage. We will be on the Crown if that makes a difference. Thanking you in advance for all your help.:D
True you can rent for a day at Princess Cays, but the cost is almost as much as the extra luggage cost from the airlines when bringing your own gear. Also, most snorkeling excursions have gear, but this limits one from finding a nice beach and snorkeling from shore.

Princess used to have a dive locker on board (Grand Princess) but I haven't seen it mentioned for a couple of years now.

The final thing that influences our decision to bring our own snorkeling gear is that we have better snorkels (with splash guards) and in my wife's case and prescription mask. We know whose mouth the snorkel was last in and whether the snorkel was properly sanitized. If those aren't concerns for you, then by all means just go with rented equipment at each venue.

Hi gloreuscruising.

In answer to your question re snorkel etc, It depends on the ship. We rented for the day or for the week ( I can't remember which) on the Caribbean P a couple of years ago. So with regard to the Crown P. You'll have to suss it out with them. I do remember it was with the PADI program and you could only do it with them when you were aboard ship. Ask at the front desk and they will be able to direct you.

ps from a west coaster to an east coaster, I'm still mowing my lawn. You???:D

Hi gloreuscruising.

In answer to your question re snorkel etc, It depends on the ship. We rented for the day or for the week ( I can't remember which) on the Caribbean P a couple of years ago. So with regard to the Crown P. You'll have to suss it out with them. I do remember it was with the PADI program and you could only do it with them when you were aboard ship. Ask at the front desk and they will be able to direct you.

ps from a west coaster to an east coaster, I'm still mowing my lawn. You???:D

The PADI program no longer exists...as stated, you can not longer rent on board.

Just bring your own.

Oh no!!!!! I was planning on renting on the Caribbean Princess next April. I did it last year on the Crown...

Well, thank you all for this email and for the information in this email. I would have left my snorkel gear at home, now, that's another thing to pack. Geez!

Oh no!!!!! I was planning on renting on the Caribbean Princess next April. I did it last year on the Crown...

Well, thank you all for this email and for the information in this email. I would have left my snorkel gear at home, now, that's another thing to pack. Geez!

Snorkel gear is an essential.

Pack it even if you have to leave formal night gear at home and dine in HC!!!! :p

We went online to Dicks Sporting Goods Store and got snorkel equipment with a carry bag for I think $50. US . We really get our use out of it and only MY mouth has been on the mouth piece.

Christapie

Snorkel gear is an essential.

Pack it even if you have to leave formal night gear at home and dine in HC!!!! :p

You are so right. Who needs formal nights..........not me, but I can't live without snorkling in every port.

Good answer Stevesan!!!!! :D

Archived