Riu Florida Beach - Miami South Beach - Advice

OLS

Sorry to Revive an old(ish) thread, this question is for BlueHerons since she has been so helpfull already ;)

We have the option of switching to a different hotel and is its with the same company we booked the Rui with we wont loose any money just pay the difference in price, just wondering if you could tell me if it would be better to switch to it if you know it.

I really just want to know if this hotel is closer to South Beach, is in a nicer area & is in a better area to get to places??

Cheers

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/miabh-courtyard-miami-beach-oceanfront/

The Courtyard By Marriott Miami Beach is also in Mid Beach almost next door to your original hotel.

Ask your travel agent about the Courtyard By Marriott South Beach. It isn't oceanfront but has a wicked cool rooftop pool and the hotel is in an excellent location. You can see the ocean from the roof.

Where are the best Mojitos?

There is NO better mojito than poolside at The Delano! Fair warning, they are spendy. A pitcher of mojitos is $95:eek:

The rooftop bar at The Hotel also has excellent mojitos. It is on 8th and Collins.

Sorry to Revive an old(ish) thread, this question is for BlueHerons since she has been so helpfull already ;)

We have the option of switching to a different hotel and is its with the same company we booked the Rui with we wont loose any money just pay the difference in price, just wondering if you could tell me if it would be better to switch to it if you know it.

I really just want to know if this hotel is closer to South Beach, is in a nicer area & is in a better area to get to places??

Cheers

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/miabh-courtyard-miami-beach-oceanfront/

hello from a fellow Northerner - Have never stayed at either of these hotels but a couple of years ago we did a Transatlantic and lots of people booked a 2 night post cruise stay at the Rui. Everyone we spoke to was unhappy with it. I personally would go for the Marriott if it costs no more and is in exactly the same area. We were in South Beach just before Christmas and all the restaurants were offering 2 for 1 or free drinks etc. That did not apply in Lincoln Road Mall however although the restaurants were all very quiet. You should go to Ghiradellis and have a very large ice cream sundae, wonderful.

Blueherons - Thanks as always for the helpfull info!!! Bit silly to switch if its almost next door, its £100 more at that one so may as well save the £100 for taxis to Southbeach lol

Cant sqitch to the Marriott Southbeach as the TA booked the hotel through a broker and the broker only offers the 2 hotels ive mentioned, if I book a different hotel would loose the full price we paid (£160)

Sandancer - hello fellow northerner [waves] thanks for the info, not good if no one liked it, were either gonna have to suck it up and close our eyes on an evening or if we come in to any money (i.e overtime lol) then maybe just forfit it and book the Surfcomber or the Marriott Southbeach!

Looking forward to trying the Delanos Mojitos! :p

Blueherons - Thanks as always for the helpfull info!!! Bit silly to switch if its almost next door, its £100 more at that one so may as well save the £100 for taxis to Southbeach lol

Cant sqitch to the Marriott Southbeach as the TA booked the hotel through a broker and the broker only offers the 2 hotels ive mentioned, if I book a different hotel would loose the full price we paid (£160)

Sandancer - hello fellow northerner [waves] thanks for the info, not good if no one liked it, were either gonna have to suck it up and close our eyes on an evening or if we come in to any money (i.e overtime lol) then maybe just forfit it and book the Surfcomber or the Marriott Southbeach!

Looking forward to trying the Delanos Mojitos! :p

Ouch! That is around $300 US! Ask you TA to try and switch you. Beg, plead, do anything!

You'll have fun either way! What time of year are you coming?

Ouch! That is around $300 US! Ask you TA to try and switch you. Beg, plead, do anything!

You'll have fun either way! What time of year are you coming?

Yes Im gonna see if the TA can pull any strings, fingers crossed!!

Were coming in Sept, ooo 9 months........ oh no thats scarey, that means 9 months till the wedding.....:eek:

Archived